Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 07:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Widetraffic for V4

Started by tennyson, July 21, 2017, 03:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Hey Guys.
Just a heads up, unless you already know, Wideview 64 bit has now been joined by Widetraffic 64.

So, now we can have all that lovely 64 bit traffic in our 64 bit sims.....oooh, can't wait!

Frank

navymustang

Yes, but did they fix the issue where you can't move between airports using the Change Airports feature of P3D without crashing?

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Still waiting for the promised update of FS Global Real Weather which will complete the WideView "Trifecta".

Such is in the works to include significant performance improvements including synchronized weather radar display.

The combination of all that with P3Dv4 will truly be a dream come true!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

tennyson

Well, I never knew that about moving airports, but have experienced the problem. I don't have my systems up and running fully yet, so I can't test it in P3D V4.

I was using FS-Flight Control to move to different airports in V3 and didn't have the issues.

I'd like to use Active Sky for weather, along with ASCA and ENVTEX, as I've tested them thoroughly on my desktop and work flawlessly in V4, but not sure if ASP4, ASCA and Envtex work over a network, more testing required. I know (if I'm not mistaken, Fred K told us) that AS16 was usable over a network, but with V3, as a 32 bit application, it wasn't much point in using it.

V4 is a whole new story, tho. Anybody tested it in a network environment yet?

Frank

Ed

Quote from: tennyson on July 21, 2017, 07:49:45 AM
Well, I never knew that about moving airports, but have experienced the problem. I don't have my systems up and running fully yet, so I can't test it in P3D V4.

I was using FS-Flight Control to move to different airports in V3 and didn't have the issues.

I'd like to use Active Sky for weather, along with ASCA and ENVTEX, as I've tested them thoroughly on my desktop and work flawlessly in V4, but not sure if ASP4, ASCA and Envtex work over a network, more testing required. I know (if I'm not mistaken, Fred K told us) that AS16 was usable over a network, but with V3, as a 32 bit application, it wasn't much point in using it.

V4 is a whole new story, tho. Anybody tested it in a network environment yet?

Frank

Hi Frank,

If one uses Active Sky with WidevieW and P3DV4, is only one copy of Active sky needed for a multiple view network or one copy per PC in the network?
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

FredK

The issue with using AS with WideView is that it forces you to transfer weather to your clients via WideView.  While possible it is not ideal since it eats up WV bandwith affecting performance and will not sync clouds 100 percent.

FSGRW transfers weather outside WV using a separate network bridge that is very easy to set up. So it does not affect WV performance and clouds sync perfectly all the time.

I have tried both and actually prefer the look of FSGRW. I find that AS looks a bit dramatic and artistic.  Actual weather tends to look a bit boring.

You do need multiple copies of AS to use over a network.

I have not yet actually tried any of this with P3Dv4.  My plan is to wait a few months in the hope that the price of the new I9 chips will drop a bit.  Upgrading my CPUs would then really leverage the multi threading capability offered by the V4 64 bit processing. And my current V3 setup is really working very well right now so I am in no real hurry.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

tennyson

Thanx for that info Fred, you've always got the answers, such a wealth of knowledge.

I've bought and tried FSGRW in the cockpit, but wasn't all that satisfied with it. I guess we all have different tastes.
On the matter of resources, I've just put in back orders for my next main Graphics sim, the Intel i9-7900X, Asus Gaming Rog mobo, 64Gb 3000mhz RAM, GTX1080ti and a 2Tb Samsung 850 Evo.

The current unit is a 3960X, which is getting a little long in the tooth, so I'll retire it to my desktop and use it for testing purposes. My second and third graphic channel PC's are fairly high spec PC's as well, so performance, CPU speed and graphic capability should be well attainable.

I've got everything I need now, software wise, to go over to P3D V4. I've loaded both of my secondary graphics PC's with most of the software, so it's just a matter of waiting for the parts to arrive for my new main rig.

Frank

Ed

Thanks for the valuable info Fred. Will be taking a look at FSGRW in the near future. I'm not in a big big rush yet either, as Prosim wont be fully up to snuff with V4 until this fall apparently.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate