Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 06:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
43 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Simulator Hangars Section

Started by blueskydriver, September 19, 2015, 06:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Just want to point out this Cockpit Builders Sub-section again, as I think the original post made it sound like it was only about "Blueskydriver's Simulator Hangar". This section is about the spaces that you place your simulator into, as well as getting it there or removing it to relocate it. You can discuss building sheds, converting a room in the house or the garage, installing electrical, installing HVAC, or anything regarding the trials and tribulations of where your simulator is sitting

Any tidbits that will help other members would be certainly appreciated...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Well for me I needed to find a very large shoe horn.. I think most of you know what I am talking about. As I bring the sim back online over the next couple pf weeks, I will post more about the area my sim takes up lol.

fsaviator

I'll be adding some stuff on here over the next week or so
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

blueskydriver

Karen and I spent the whole day demolishing two outside 8x10 sheds in preparation for the new hangar. Pictures of us playing demo crew will be forthcoming. This coming Tuesday is the ground breaking day and we plan too setup a time lapse camera to capture the entire build. It won't be like watching Eagles in a nest, but it will be interesting too capture and watch the process of building a shed type building.

If you ever plan to have a building built make sure the area it's going into is suitable, which sounds easy and obivous. However, there a lot of things we didn't know, but found out by discussions with the contractor. For example, water runoff and drainage, snow and wind loads, mil thickness of the metal used, screws versus nails (always use screws), roof vent ventilation even when heating and/or cooling are included, amount of heavy equipment involved and how they access the area (our blacktop driveway might be damaged by all of this), neighbors opinions do matter, and of course all the building permits, if any (lucky for us there are no permits required for a non-living space shed).

Keep following this thread too see what happens next,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Joe Lavery

John, I wish we had such relaxed planning laws in the UK, we have to apply for an anything over the size of a dog kennel.... ::) ::) ::)

But I agree the thought process before laying a brick is an important stage in the process. I hope to be following this path in the not too distant future. When I eventually get round to it, I'll post the pics etc. here.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate