Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Projector screens changing brightness

Started by ZK CWD, August 16, 2017, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK CWD

Hi All.

I'm currently running three projectors on a wrap around screen with warping from three separate computers.

The problem I'm having and is espically noticeable at night time is that the brightness of the screens change.

On minute they are all black as they should be for night time flying with bright stars in the back ground and then the centre screen starts lighting up brighter than my left and right screen.

This can also happen that just either the left and right screens get lighter with the centre screen staying dark.

I have checked all the settings on the projectors to make sure they are not on "Eco" settings etc and appear to be fine.

I believe the problem is coming from the computers and are telling the projectors information which it reacts to but not sure where in the computer I should look.

I'm running three Optima Short throw projectors.

Can anyone give me a bit of advice regarding what would be causing this problem.

Thanks again

Richard
New Zealand
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

blueskydriver

Hi Richard,

If I were to guess, this is a problem with the aircraft lights being default on and likely the taxi or nose gear light fx effect being produced even though you have turned off the taxi or nose gear light switch. This brightness will go from one screen to another when using your rudder.

If I remember right you just have to change the fx file or add a couple ** to the aircraft.cfg concerning the light. Without knowing some of the other details, here are some questions that might help narrow the problem down:

-Does the brightness effect happen only in the flight sim program (which one) or does it also happen outside of it?
-Which warping program are you using?
-Has this been a problem from the beginning or has it recently started?
-Did you recently update windows or any other major program(s)?
-Do you have auto updates turned on for these computers?
-Did you recently change any hardware?
-Which aircraft flight model are you using and do you have any add-on light programs in use like Shockwave3d Lights?
-Does it start right away in the flight sim program at night time or does it show up after a certain amount of time?
-Does it happen during Dawn & Dusk times?
-Do you use these computers for anything else besides flight simulation?

Others will likely chime in, because I believe this was a common problem back years ago...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ZK CWD

Hi John and thanks for replying.

I'll answer your qustion's below and see if that helps you to try and find out what is going on with them.

Q.  Does the brightness effect happen only in the flight sim program (which one) or does it also happen outside of it?

A.  As far as I know only in the flight Sim programme which is Prepared3D V3

Q.  Which warping program are you using?

A.  Fly Eliese

Q.  Has this been a problem from the beginning or has it recently started?

A.  From the beginning

Q.  Did you recently update windows or any other major program(s)?

A.  Always update windows every two weeks manually along with Prosim, Navigraph etc

Q.  Do you have auto updates turned on for these computers? 

A.  No

Q.  Did you recently change any hardware?

A.  No

Q.  Which aircraft flight model are you using and do you have any add-on light programs in use like Shockwave3d Lights?

A.  Version 2 and no are not using Shockwave lights.

Q.  Does it start right away in the flight sim program at night time or does it show up after a certain amount of time?

A.  It appears after a period of time and then disappears again and then shows up on the other screens and then goes away. There is no set time that it stays on for before disappearing.

Q.  Does it happen during Dawn & Dusk times?

A.  Dawn, Dusk and Night time but of course I can't see if it happens during the day.

Q.  Do you use these computers for anything else besides flight simulation?

A.  These computers are purely for Flight Simulator only.

Hope that answers your questions and look forward to your reply.

Richard
New Zealand
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro Sim 737 WideView and Wide Traffic (curved screen), Optoma 1080GT projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, ORBX Scenery, Simworld OH panels, CDUs and Guages FDS MIP and SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCP and pedestal panels, CYP V.3 Throttle Yokes Aerosim Solutions  Pedals. Weber Seats. Flight Illusion Compass, Flap, and Brake Pressure gauges. SIOC for FMC

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate