Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
501 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 504
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 501
Total: 501

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Shipping Help

Started by AngeloC, October 24, 2017, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngeloC

Hey guys need the community's input here as you all may have experience on this.

I have a crate that housed an assembled Captain 737 Yoke. I am selling my old PFC Jetliner column yoke and repurposing that crate for safe shipping. Someone from Alabama is interested. The item is in Seattle. It is about 40ish pounds gross, and the dimensions are 38x18x25 inches. Is there an easy, and more importantly CHEAP way to send this? I have never shipped freight before and obviously this is a private seller to single buyer (not a corporation).

Any ideas? I don't want to shock the guy if and when I find out shipping is like $400.

blueskydriver

There is the Greyhound Bus method. You need to go to the website here:

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/Home.aspx

Read all the info about shipments and do a quick quote; you will need to find the nearest Greyhound Bus Station for you to drop it off at and the one closest to the buyer for him to pick it up from.

Although, they can do a pickup (from your address to the bus station) and drop-off (from buyer's bus station to his address) service for an extra charge. Cheaper if don't use this though.

Many RC Airplane Hobbyists use Greyhound for shipping larger boxes/crates that have airplanes in them, but the key is to do a really great 99% packing job and the other 1% is done when you go to drop it off. They must be able to look inside the box/crate, and then they will provide tape to close it up and put it on the bus...

Please read more about this on their website.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Ryan

Hey Angelo,

I recently shipped a large crate from the Seattle area to Texas using a freight forwarder.

The crate was 39 W x 39 L x 54 H and weighed 150lbs - took three days and cost me $335.99.

Would obviously be less for a 40lbs shipment and their 3-day service was great.

You might give Ed Jones a call at AirGroup: 503-658-5711 or www.airgroup.com.

There are probably cheaper options but they did a good job.

Ryan

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate