Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 05:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
569 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 566
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Sim Progress (BAe146)

Started by Mach7, November 11, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello All,

Just some pic's showing my progress with my visuals, and my completion of the pressurization panel, (which is somewhat operational). I have a handful of panels to go then my entire overhead will be complete allowing me to begin on the cosmetics of the sim, (carpet...paint...etc etc).

with respect to the overhead panel annunciator's...the 146 has 75 on the master warning panel, and an additional 126 or so on the overhead.

These lamp units are OEM and had to be converted to LED's as the incandescent lamps just drew too many darn amps (cumulative), not to mention they operate at 28 volts.

If you do the math that and calculate two LED's per light unit...it adds up. Not to mention each lamp unit took considerable time to modify.

Now...to my surprise...there is a new product on the market that is a direct replacement for the 387 type incandescent bulbs in the form of an LED. These little units are very pricey...and depending on the color can run as high as 9 buck's per light!!!

I ordered a couple to test out and they work perfectly!!!! so I placed an order of approx 100 of these bulbs and will complete my remaining overhead panel(s) using these direct 387 type bulb replacements...saving me hundreds of hours of labour.

I have thrown in some pics of the bulbs side by side...the one on the right is the incandescent and the one on the left is the LED replacement.

I have included some additional pics as well...enjoy

-Jim

Marco ERJ

Hi Jim,

Nice job! The overhead looks awesome! I love the BAe146 - one of my favorite aircraft. I just always liked the uniqueness of its design, with the four-engine, high-wing configuration. I never flew on a real one, but flew an FS98 version a long time ago and fell in love with the flight dynamics.
Please post more updates when you can! Looking forward to seeing this project come to life!

Cheers,

Marco

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate