Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:08:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
40 Guests, 2 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 40
Total: 42

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsaviator

So I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my Revolution Simproducts Motorized TQ working again.  I really really wish I was better with SIOC coding.  On top of that it appears one of my motors may not be working...

I have now resorted to open-TQ surgery to determine the root of the problem.  Anyone have a v1.5 motorized TQ script from RSP that works?  Its the one with two DC motorcards and a joystick card for the buttons.

It's one step forward, one step back here as I try to remember how to do all this stuff again.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

David, highly restpected SIOC Doctor could probably help you... ::)

Jack

Jon Boe

Updated from P3D v3.4 to V4.1  Much smoother operation for the visuals than with V3.4.
B737 MAX.  FDS DSDT.  205 degree U Screen, 3-projector system with P3D V4.5.  Sim-Avionics software.

fsaviator

Quote from: jackpilot on January 17, 2018, 05:30:11 AM
David, highly restpected SIOC Doctor could probably help you... ::)
I'll figure out the mechanicals this weekend and then I can figure out exactly what isn't working right on the script.
Warren "FSAviator"
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Joe Lavery

Hey Warren, very interesting to see inside that TQ, who designed that jumble of levers, cogs and switches. It looks very confusing, so good luck sorting that out  ;D ;D

I've started building a new TQ myself but I've decided against motorising the throttle levers, I can''t face the complexity of the design, or the programming of the motors for that matter. Once I get my deck up and running I  may have another go at it, let's see if I get bored at some point.  :idiot:

Lots to do on this yet, but it's starting to look like a TQ, thanks to the trim wheels from my mate Gwyn at Aerosim Solutions.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Aluminum...yeah!
Gwyn made my flaps gate too, years ago , bulletproof !
Try to get some black Otto push buttons for the AT disc. the red mini push are too flimsy and the feel is so much different
[ebay]202110224380[/ebay]

Jack

Jack

navymustang

Just so that folks know this - my OEM TQ that was rebuilt for simulation use by Northern FlightSim and using my electronics design has NO, repeat NO coding what so ever. The electronics are natively controlled by Prosim.

So take the fear out of building a TQ by knowing that there are designs that require no coding what so ever.  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Jack

Joe Lavery

So lay it on us, show us these designs....  :) :) :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Joe Lavery

Jack, I did have some bigger switches (more substantial), but they looked too big in relation to the real ones.

Incidentally those Otto switches cost $10$ plus £20$ postage, they're even more over here.  :(
These are the other switches I have in stock... which one?

Joe.

navymustang

Ok - glad folks are interested in a TQ design with no coding. Let me put together a document this weekend and I'll post it. Glad to share all I have found from others on this forum.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Jim: Thank you, open a new post for that..

Joe those black push buttons are OK but they are "soft". The Otto (or other aero brands) have a firm click when you push.
No big deal anyway.

Jack

jackpilot

Jack

Joe Lavery

You're right Jack, they are soft. I'll see if I can source better ones locally.

Jim,
I'm really looking forward to that, might even change my current design and try for the full motorised deal.,  8)

Joe.

fsaviator

That would be great Jim!  Look forward to seeing that document..

Joe... it is actually pretty ingenious for its time.  Works great when it does, and solid as a rock.
Warren "FSAviator"

mickc

I am on the road for a couple of months rolling out a new IT system so have not had any sim time since November, but this thread is getting me keen to restart when i am finished :)

PS, for those in the middle of winter, spare a though for a fat man ripping offices apart and re-fitting them in the heat we have here at the moment  :-[ :-[

Thats 115 degrees in "old money"

Trevor Hale

Was -37 C Here last Week,  I wish I was in that weather lol
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

zillmer

Thought I'd keep this thread going with a post of some of this weekend's work on the sim. I'm currently in maintenance and upgrade mode so there is a fair amount of fairly tedious, but none the less important work going on.

I've been working on the sidewalls, adding in the cup holder and document holders. These are 3d printed (professionally) from designs I found by Winston on thingiverse. The mounting plate for the cup holder is some 3mm plexi that I had laser cut to size and shape. First photo is the initial fit before painting.

Second photo is after painting and installing them:

You can't see it but I've also tidied the wiring that is behind the sidewall. I've got the FDS map light panels and dimmers, so there are 3 2-core cables leading out from the sidewall to connect elsewhere, as well as the new cable for the test switch on the oxygen mask panels, which are on order with FDS. All the cabling is now attached with cable clips to the back of the sidewall, and terminates in a junction box for easier connection.

I've also done the same on the captain's sidewall, but also have mounted a new Bodnar card that I will be using for the Tiller axis and the push-test switches on the oxy mask panels on to the back of the sidewall as well. Previously the tiller was connected to the Bodnar card that is on my rudder pedals.

The main focus of the maintenance is cable management and redoing the electrical parts. I have mounted a 12V and 5V supply onto the inside of the FDS shell, and connected them to a fusebox ( a new addition to provide fused protection for everything). Feeds from the fusebox will then be routed onto the MIP and Overhead. Picture below:

This side is for all the LED flood lights, backlights and so on that use PWM dimming. I am separating out all components that use PWM and powering them with separate supplies because I was having various issues, such as audio interference.

An almost identical installation on the opposite side of the shell will provide supplies for the other components.

Will provide another update in a couple of weeks with more progress.

Regards

Simon.

Bob Reed

Today will be a big day for the cockpit. I should get the MIP installed, monitors lit and start to adjust all the Project Magenta software to be in it's right place on the screens. I will be streaming this live. The stream is nothing fancy. Just me working on the simulator and chatting with anyone who wants to Skype. If the demand becomes great enough I will start using my TeamSpeak server to allow more folks into the voice. The entire thing is a growing and fluid endeavor. My Twitch channel link in now in my signature. Thanks for the idea Ray!

RayS

This week will be spent designing the printed circuit board for my "X-Plane to Garmin MX-20" interface, after final touches this past weekend proved my circuit design works as expected.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

So here is what my last month of work looks like....

Sam Llorca

This week?, hummmm, well we had a cold front coming thru and of course it rained and I had to move the sim again, it seems like its following the sim, now I have two roof leaks, my sim is having a tour of the warehouse!  :idiot:

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

This thread is working out great and I like seeing all the things happening with everyone's sim builds, as well as more new members posting.

I want to add if you're a new member here or have been one for a long time just researching without ever posting once, please go ahead and post something. Tell us who you are and what you're hoping too build (desktop or full size doesn't matter). You will find that many other members are waiting to help you along your journey and believe me we all have been where you are now.

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

What a difference a day makes....

Sam Llorca

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate