Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
59 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Hi Warren and all:
I have been a bit backed up with the forum and just noticed what you did to the RevSim TQ.
I have one with the two SIOC Cards as well, and it is working as it is supposed to with ProSim 2.0 and P3D V4.1, I even got it to work with SimAvionics but it was a pain. The script I use was modified by me for a smoother operation and to minimize hunting of the levers. I can send it to you for your review, it may need some tweaking on your part. The calibration is done in a separate script from the one that actually drives things. The script does not work with recent SIOC versions. I am not sure why. I do have a problem with the motor shaft attached to the trim wheel, it is worn out and requires frequent tightening. I just switch it off. Anyway, if you think it may be of any help to you I will be glad to send it to you.

And as far as what I have done for my Sim lately, I have been working on the KBOS Airport (Boston-Logan) scenery, the actual airport. The stock one has all the taxiways wrong, and a commercial one appears "buried" in the ground ( made for FSX), so I took it upon myself to get the scenery up to date. I am almost done. All taxiway signs, ground signs, and gates have been done from scratch.
So far, my weakness is the actual dwelling of the Airport since I do not possess the Architectural skills or software necessary. The iconic Logan Tower is still here though. It has been done with ADE. I will post it in the forum as a .zip file when I am done.
It works with P3D V3 and 4 though I have compiled it with the V3 compiler since there is a problem with the V4 one and ADE that to my knowledge has not been fixed.

Cheers

joaquin

Bob Reed

Back at it. New Master Caution panel. Have the FO side as well.

RayS

...today was spent removing 27 pea bulbs from a Beech 1900D Center MIP section. New ones to be installed this coming week.
Ray Sotkiewicz

jfuenmayor

Hi to all:

As previously stated, here is my first version (beta) of the Boston Logan Airport
(KBOS), created with the Scruffyduck ADE. It is my first one so I am ready 
to take all the flack :). The README.txt file has all the necessary info.
Feel free to contribute to it ,not with money but with talent, which is abundant here ;)

JF

Trevor Hale

Joaquin, I will have a look at this this week.  I bet you have done a marvelous Job.. I can't wait to see it.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Well more progress. I now have the 6 packs and Master Caution programmed and working. This thing is starting to look pretty good.

jackpilot

Jack

jfuenmayor

Tks Trev.

More sets of eyes see better than just two.
I am ironing out the ground markings on the gates.
The problem with ADE is that letter size does not go below 1 meter
which is necessary in order to be able to write the aircraft types at the gate.
So just the stripes for now.

kurt-olsson

Finished painting! Next is to insert floor.

727737Nut

Got my IRS panels installed and fully integrated into the Sim. Uses a Teensy for switch inputs and outputs controlled with Teensy and uln2803   Another Teensy handles the Arinc429 data.   
737 Junkie

RayS

Starting "retirement" proceedings (For any Bladerunner fans out there....) for the flythissim.com Avidyne Avionics software I currently use. (Or rather being held hostage by...)

Only because my pea bulbs haven't arrived yet...

It'll be replaced soon by the Ellie Systems Avidyne Avionics software.. the brainchild of Don Lafontaine and tweaked just a bit by me over the years....

Ray Sotkiewicz

RayS

Quote from: Bob Reed on February 17, 2018, 09:20:58 AM
Well more progress. I now have the 6 packs and Master Caution programmed and working. This thing is starting to look pretty good.

Bob, your sim continues to amaze me. Looking really good!
Ray Sotkiewicz

jfuenmayor

Hi all:

Here is an update of the KBOS scenery with some minor patches, which may be the last
I post here. All the gates now have their ground signs, and taxiways are properly signed as well. I know that for most people here, including me, the hardware is "the thing" but, hey, no fun without software. Until a good commercial scenery for Prepar3D of this airport appears in the market, this should be good enough since the stock one really sucks.

Joaquin.

Trevor Hale

Guys,

This is what this Hobby is about.  I love this...  Joaquin I Promise to look at your scenery this week, Likely tomorrow.

Thank you.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Jason L

About ready to go feet first with my sim-pit.  Narrowed down what round one will consist of and getting ready to pull the trigger:  OVH and Aft OVH panel, MCP and EFIS, MIP, single projector, and ifly CBE.  Phew.  Will post pics once I get started.

As far as my current sim, got an old tablet setup with Virtual Avionics and using it as my FMC with my iFly 737. beats having to point and click.

Bob Reed

I have been grounded for a few days as I had one of my main outside view monitors go poof.... So I tore up the sim and installed an old FDS CDU which is full color and I like the tactile feel of the keys. I put the Engravity CDU in the FO's side. Took lots of cutting and hole drilling but I got it all to play well together. Here are a couple photos....

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for keeping this thread going and I am truly amazed too see all the work being done!

You guys are sincerely inspirational to us all; be it a new member or a long time one, the talents you have and share are incredible...keep those pics coming.

Best Regards,

John

Ps remember this is for all simulators...desktop, fullsize or anywhere  in between, please share what you've done for your simulator today or any day!
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

I have my monitor back in place. Finish up the upgrades to the cockpit tomorrow and back in the air!! Whoot!!!!

RayS

Quote from: Bob Reed on February 22, 2018, 05:38:27 PM
I have my monitor back in place. Finish up the upgrades to the cockpit tomorrow and back in the air!! Whoot!!!!

It'll be good to have you back in the air. I miss your Twitch feeds!
Ray Sotkiewicz

jfuenmayor

Hi to all:

Here is the latest KBOS scenery with few additional corrections.

Atomic_Sheep

I opened the door today, got this in the mail. My first real aircraft part. No matter how much time you spend in CAD, real life just always looks different. This thing is massive! Look at it compared to my mouse!

RayS

For the first time ever, the Ellie Avidyne flies!

Still a few bugs to work on, but all the critical functions work.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Jason L

Feet First?  Cannonball?  Whatever phrase you want to use.  Purchased my MIP, EFIS, Overhead, Aft Overhead, Gauges, switches, LEDS, buttons (and such), and interface boards. Waiting on a bid for a used MCP too.  Hoping to have the room framed up before they get here so I can setup shop and start the 'fun' of wiring.

Bob Reed

Quote from: jmlohrenz on March 01, 2018, 06:14:16 PM
Feet First?  Cannonball?  Whatever phrase you want to use.  Purchased my MIP, EFIS, Overhead, Aft Overhead, Gauges, switches, LEDS, buttons (and such), and interface boards. Waiting on a bid for a used MCP too.  Hoping to have the room framed up before they get here so I can setup shop and start the 'fun' of wiring.

My suggestion to you is to take one step at a time.... Take all this stuff you bought and pick one area of the aircraft to build. Concentrate on that one area and get it at least close to done/ If you try to do the entire thing all at once you will become frustrated and in a few months we will see all these parts up for sale on this board. Seen it many times.. Just a suggestion....

kurt-olsson

Built a cockpitbase with to weak wood so i have to tear it down... :-\

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate