Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
124 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

gave mine a,stripper pole

Joe Lavery

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

bernard S

more walls   lol.. funny you should ask at back of building doing a big bbq area hot tub and croquet lawn  also have true scale airport  8x25 to adorn 1 wall

Trevor Hale

least you got yourself a new shitter at the bottom of the stairs in the box...  Nice!
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

RayS

PilotEdge just released a new Client that injects VHF Noise, making it waaaay more realistic, so I'll be playing around with that tonight as the plaster dries in the garage-man-cave.
Ray Sotkiewicz

RayS

Worked a bit with the new PilotEdge  Client (VHF Noise/static injected) and It is a really nice enhancement.

For now though, have to button her up in anticipation of a whole lot of drywall sanding....
Ray Sotkiewicz

jr2mey

"Worked a bit with the new PilotEdge  Client (VHF Noise/static injected) and It is a really nice enhancement.

For now though, have to button her up in anticipation of a whole lot of drywall sanding...."

RayS- Very soon sir, we will be flying her to location for major overhaul and move! 8)
James

RayS

1. Drywall hung, mudded, sanded: CHECK!
2. Remaining Millwork complete: CHECK!
3. Mini-Split Heating/AC: Scheduled Install August 1st
4. New Garage Doors: Scheduled Install August 9th
5. New Cabinetry: TBD (Measured, not scheduled)
6. Fort Knox Security System: Open to suggestions...

Primer and paint: This weekend!

Ray Sotkiewicz

brianwilliamson

Finely got the Airbus Brake Gauge running with SIOC after a few problems with USB disconnects, that I suspect being caused by power surge on some switches on the 240V supply ( RF....)

........Brian W

https://youtu.be/Ms2z6krrWoU
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

This thread has really got me going today and after all the postings from everyone, my affection...uh, obsession for flight simulation is returning! So much, that I started assembling the FDS Cockpit Nose Kit here in the hanger despite all the mess around it.

Thus, I am on my way back to day upon day of building, installing, doing and redoing, and then flying the virtual skies into the wee hours of the morning...HOORAY!

I attached a single pic for now, but I'll add more as I get further along...

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Marco ERJ

blueskydriver

Thanks Marco!

Now comes the funny news! I might have to dismantle it already...LOL!

Why?

Well, since my yoke and pedal platform is a square box shape and the two pilot seat platforms are similar, I have to add onto them some extra platform triangle shapes to fit with the overall shape of the FDS Cockpit.

So, just a few minutes ago Karen looks at the cockpit and asks how will you get it up on the platforms if it's completely together? Me-Deer in the headlights look! She also says I might've put the cart before the horse in all my excitement!

Therefore, I will have to start on the platform before finishing; however, my plan is too put the back vertical curve on the cockpit and measure out the overall floor sizing needed. Then, somewhat take it back a part; maybe, in halves and put it up on the platforms...

AND BAHM! Right back to the normal way of cockpit building...doing and redoing...LOL!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bindook

Installed Capt table    :)
FSX, Jeehell, Fly-Elise

Jason L

James - What do you think of pilotedge?  Better than Vatsim or just a startup alternative?  Just curious as I've been reading through their website.

RayS

I'm not James but I can answer that for you.

VATSIM, compared to PilotEdge, isn't even a fair comparison. With Vatsim, coverage is spotty, unpredictable, and most of the time the controllers sound like they have their mouth pressed up against the ass of a dead cat.

Pilotedge continues to improve daily. They just released another client that injects VHF noise and the effect is quite realistic. Coverage is always predictable and the controllers are professional in every sense of the word. (Most of the time they even have a sense of humor) As in real life they will scold you for mistakes and for the most part the experience is very enjoyable.

Pilotedge is expensive, no doubt. Given the stability and quality of the PE system, it's worth every penny. When you're not flying you can disable your account which stops the monthly billing. Whenever I have a need for PE ATC, I simply re-enable my account and off we go.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Ed

Quote from: blueskydriver on July 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM
Thanks Marco!

Now comes the funny news! I might have to dismantle it already...LOL!

Why?

Well, since my yoke and pedal platform is a square box shape and the two pilot seat platforms are similar, I have to add onto them some extra platform triangle shapes to fit with the overall shape of the FDS Cockpit.

So, just a few minutes ago Karen looks at the cockpit and asks how will you get it up on the platforms if it's completely together? Me-Deer in the headlights look! She also says I might've put the cart before the horse in all my excitement!

Therefore, I will have to start on the platform before finishing; however, my plan is too put the back vertical curve on the cockpit and measure out the overall floor sizing needed. Then, somewhat take it back a part; maybe, in halves and put it up on the platforms...

AND BAHM! Right back to the normal way of cockpit building...doing and redoing...LOL!

John

Hi John,

I have the same shell. I built a modular base from Nick's design. I had to adjust some measurements though , so if you decide you might follow Nick's plan, let me know and I'll send you my adjusted measurements. It all comes apart in easy to move modules.

Be sure when you build your base that you place the top covers in a way that they can be easily removed for access once the shell is in place. You may already have this info, but just in case :)

NIck's plan:   http://elephantair737.blogspot.com/p/sim-base.html
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

blueskydriver

Hi Ed,

I didn't know about Nick's plans, so thank you big time! I'll love to have your adjustments, please email them to me...check your PM for my email address.

John

bernard S

green area  is rougly 12 wide 25 long 6 high   now that base area is painted .. am going to start bending metal for the air con   have total of 8 tonnes to duct .. but only 3 for sim   ..

blueskydriver

Awesome Bernard! Gotta beat that Texas heat right?

John

bernard S

RayS

Mini-Split Heating and AC go in tomorrow.

Project is on the final stretch! I figure by late August we can start moving the sim.
Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

Ray - That is looking really sweet indeed!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kurt-olsson

bernard S

looking good Ray    i discovered that making insulated duct work is a real pain ..

RayS

Likewise Bernard,

I discovered that being a project manager without being on-site is a real pain in the you-know-what.

The HVAC guys will be out this Monday to unscrew what they so magnificently screwed up last week.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate