Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
508 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 508
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3D Tweak question

Started by XOrionFE, February 09, 2018, 07:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Because I have been focused on my -300 project in X-Plane I haven't paid much attention to the latest on P3D performance tweaking.    I still pop into it from time to time for comparison with X-Plane (as seen in many of my youtube videos).    That said, I get pretty good framerates in the air while running 3 screens off one video card with view groups and seperate FOVs but on the ground in heavy scenery I get drawn down to 12-15 fps.   Useable but not ideal.   I am running all of the Orbx Addons, Rex4 TD, And AS for weather engine.  also have GSX installed.  My Rex cloads are the highest resolution they can be set and P3d sliders are all up most of the way.  Traffic is set to medium for airliners, low for GA and cars.  No boats.   Graphics are on highest settings.   

For those who have read through all the latest tweaks I am wondering if someone could just share perhaps the top 5 items to adjust first in priority order to get the most bang for the buck.   Right now when taxing while it is not choppy I do feel like my eyes cannot keep focus with the scenery while turning...if that makes sense.   

I would like to optimize a little more and do some more tests without reading every other forum on the planet.  In short, I'm being lazy!

Thank you,
Scott

Bob Reed

Traffic is the biggest killer....

tennyson

Hey Scott.
there is a good thread on Prosim about the use of Viewgroups versus .fxml files. I was not even aware of the difference in FPS between the two but a lot of guys are claiming that Viewgroups are a frame killer.

I'm gonna do some tests myself to prove or disprove (just on my own set-up).

I also don't run a weather engine on mine, preferring to use the in-built P3D weather engine, but I have used REX on my system (just injecting textures) which make weather look great.
I also forgo GSX on my cockpit machine, as it's a frame killer and something that I can live without on my cockpit sim.

Just my 0.02 c. Mate,

regards,

Frank

Ed

Quote from: tennyson on February 09, 2018, 10:22:48 PM
Hey Scott.
there is a good thread on Prosim about the use of Viewgroups versus .fxml files. I was not even aware of the difference in FPS between the two but a lot of guys are claiming that Viewgroups are a frame killer.

I'm gonna do some tests myself to prove or disprove (just on my own set-up).

Just my 0.02 c. Mate,

regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Might be a dumb question here, but what are .fxml files. I dont believe I have dealt with them before. Are they related to P3D as I am still using SE.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

tennyson

No, not a dumb question at all, Ed.

The .fxml file is a file that P3D V4 uses for it's visual interpretation. It has all the co-ordinates and GUID's that map out size and position of screens.

Earlier versions of P3D, such as Version 3, used an .xml file, but they did mostly the same thing.

Before View Groups (files) came along, programs such as Fly-Elise's Calibration Pro produced an .fxml file or .xml file that you opened in an editor and copied and pasted the contents into your P3D .fxml file or .xml file.

That's why View Groups are favoured, no cutting and pasting. And if you have a rocket science degree you go straight into P3D V4+ and configure the View Group file without having added anything to any files........

Simple, huh?

Frank

Ed

Thanks for  great explanation Frank. :)
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate