Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 03:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
358 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PMDG 737 on P3dV4 and 1PC Setup

Started by seedosip, May 14, 2018, 11:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedosip

Dear members,
Was not sure where to post, as this is related to both cockpit set up, PMDG and P3D :)

I am using 1PC with 3 video cards to run P3Dv4.2 with PMDG 737 for my home cockpit setup. I have main outside view running from gtx1080 on the projector screen and use other 2 cards for PFD/ND/EICAS views, 4 monitors in total.
I am getting very good FPS (around 50-60) but I do get some stuttering, especially while taxing. Have tried many solutions, NI, vsync, locking fps in sim and in NI, 30hz screen, etc and no solution so far. I have tried running the same system but without using the monitors for instruments views and all is very smooth! As soon as I get PFD/ND/EICAS on separate monitors I don't get FPS drop but I lose the smoothness. Nvidia game overlay is switched off as well.

Anybody has any experience with this kind of setup? Processor is i7 7700 running normally at max 60% load, GPU is neither loaded. I had other weaker machine before for FSX and P3Dv3 and I dont recall having this kind of stuttering with good and stable FPS. I have tried min settings in P3Dv4 and nothing changes at all, still small stuttering as soon as I get PFD/ND/EICAS etc on other monitors.

Overall I am quite happy with the setup, graphics are very beautiful. If i could just get rid of this micro stutters, I could spend more time building and flying instead of tweaking :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Sergej

seedosip

Hi,
In case somebody runs into same kind of problem, it looks that I have fixed mine with the latest Win10 update. I had it switched off as it used to start downloading the update during the flight, so it went off. As it seems, Prepar3dV4.2 requires the latest update to be installed and after installing I got rid of most of the stuttering!

Just one back draw, Open Cockpits Axes card is not recognized anymore with the latest Win10 update. Always something :)

Cheers,
Sergej

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate