Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 26, 2024, 08:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
51 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 51
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FlightSim Expo - Las Vegas

Started by navymustang, June 14, 2018, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Just got back on Monday night from Las Vegas where I attended FlightSim Expo 2018. Over 1,100 attendees and over 40 venders filled the conference rooms at the Flamingo hotel.

The two-day event was filled with vender demonstrations and lectures. Evening social events were self-planned but with the help of the mobile app provided, it was easy to see where folks were meeting and what their interest were.

The lectures were OK - not detailed enough in my opinion. The venders were great with the exception of FSDreamTeam who seemed to think that multi-PC visual systems had no place in their product stream when it comes to gate animation and other GSX controls. Shame on them. Overall - venders where very friendly and provided lots of technical tips on how to best use their products. But I would like to give Koodos to MindStar for their G1000 product and their willingness to consider mods to engine and plane parameters to accommodate professional builders like me.

It is worth it? As a home builder this is the place to go to link up with other like-minded builders. OK - next to this web site of course :)    As a complex sim or professional builder - it needs to be three or four days with in-depth lectures on many topics. Costs - well within a four-day vacation budget. The Flamingo was just a little over $120 a night, the food was typical vacation expensive, the night life was exceptional.

The schedule for Expo-2019 will be out in a few months including the location. It may change from Las Vegas, so stay tuned.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Sam Llorca

jr2mey

Jim,

Sorry to have missed you at the event!  I was there and would have been glad to have met you and discussed the 737 flight deck building with you; We could have told lies to each other like only one mustang can with another. ;D  Oh well, maybe next year...

James

FredK

Jim and James - Missed seeing you guys there.  We need to be better prepared regarding interactions for future events.

Spent some time with RayS from here and some others I know.  Jim's assessment is pretty well accurate.  It was encouraging to see 1100 simmers turn out for the event (actually more than that since there were many who were turned away at the door)!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jr2mey

Fred,

Boy I must have failed huge in the impression department with you! LOL  :o I was the short dude that was with Ray S at the convention.  We even went and had lunch at the pizza place...

i think I better and get some platform shoes so I standout better next time.

Seriously though, i'm sure its just that you hadn't put my forum name here with who I was at the FSExpo.

See I told you I was the guy who was quiet in the background here..LOL
James

RayS

Also, for some cosmic reason, there's a LOT of "James" in this hobby.  :laugh:
Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

QuoteFred,

Boy I must have failed huge in the impression department with you! LOL  :o I was the short dude that was with Ray S at the convention.  We even went and had lunch at the pizza place...

i think I better and get some platform shoes so I standout better next time.

Seriously though, i'm sure its just that you hadn't put my forum name here with who I was at the FSExpo.

See I told you I was the guy who was quiet in the background here..LOL

James -

Sorry about that.....I remember the "James" at the pizza lunch etc. but did not make the connection here.....mia culpa!  No need for platform shoes!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jr2mey

Quote from: RayS on June 16, 2018, 07:39:06 PM
Also, for some cosmic reason, there's a LOT of "James" in this hobby.  :laugh:

OR would "Comical" fit better?  :o ::)
James

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate