Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
361 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 381
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Remotely starting programs

Started by Winstonc, July 21, 2018, 11:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winstonc

Hi all,

Now that I have 6 computers in my sim I was looking for a way to start up all the various programs associated with running my cockpit from one central place rather than having to go to each computer. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

David

navymustang

I use a batch file on each computer to start all programs for that specific computer. Off course that means the sim runs immediately upon startup, and some may not want that.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

Hey David,

You can put any program .exe icons in the startup location of your task bar list. When you startup the computer they'll each run as listed. Also, you can use tightVNC to reach each computer and do whatever you need to do from one location. Or, you could use TeamViewer which will do the same thing, but I like tightVNC much better.

Which Avionics software are you using? I know Project Magenta has a function to shut down all computers via your CDU, as well as I think ProSim has something similar. So, look into that, as it might help with your intended goals.

On a different note, are you still using that JetMax TQ? When you get a real 737 TQ and no longer need the JetMax one and want to sell it, please let me know first.

Lastly, when is your next flying video coming out? I subscribed to your YouTube channel as I enjoy watching the flights you make. I have a request flight for you, please do KMSP to KCVG. I grew up near KCVG, so seeing that with your sim would be awesome, but do fly around the city before landing on VFR. Why KMSP? Well, anytime I wish to go visit family back in KCVG area, I have to fly out of KMSP. Plus, when my sim was operational I flew that route many times, and I just want to see someone else do it...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate