Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
35 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Ultimate Traffic Live across a network

Started by navymustang, January 06, 2018, 12:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Has anyone attempted to run the new Flight1 Ultimate Traffic Live with P3D v4 across a network? That is, if I have it running on the host machine and have WideTraffic also running, will WideTraffic propagate the traffic across all clients on the visual side so that the AI traffic is visible on all clients.

I would imagine that at the least I have to copy all AI aircraft over to each client.
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

I am using MyTraffic for AI traffic for WideView.  Works better than ever with P3Dv4.  Simply make sure that the MyTraffic aircraft folders are copied to each of the clients.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

DaveA320

Hi Jim,
I have UTLive working on my multichannel setup just fine.
This is what I have done;
Full install on the server PC,
1. Copy of AI aircraft on each of the clients,
2. MyDocuments/Addons.xml file on each client pointing to the AI aircraft folder,
(This was a copy of the XML file from the server with everything deleted except for the part pointing to the location of the AI aircraft folder)
3. ProgramData/ simobjects.cfg file entry added to match the server PC entry.

Not sure if steps 2 and 3 are required but it works for me.

I am quite sure this does not violate any EULA legal stuff since it is Widetraffic generating the traffic from the full install on the server and the client PCs on their own would not be able to run UTLive

Hope this helps
Dave

FredK

I just switched over to UTL from MT in my WideView setup about a week ago.

I just want to expand on what Dave has defined above for settings in the WV clients....

Steps #1 and #3 are necessary.  Step #2 is not required.

I was finding some mismatched aircraft types and liveries....What you also need to do is the following:

You need to make a mod in the Prepar3D.cfg file as shown below:

[MAIN]
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter, utLive Aircraft

Adding "utLive Aircraft" to that line fixed the mismatch issue.

The quality and smooth motion of the UTL aircraft is a real step ahead over MT.  I am also amazingly able to run the AI settings at 100%!  Something not close to possible with MT.

With UTL I do see a stray aircraft that appears occasionally in a place it should not be.  Landing pattern spacing sometimes is also an issue with planes almost right on top of one another.  All that is not a WV issue though since I am seeing such displayed on my ND.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

DaveA320

Thanks Fred for that info. I will make the changes to my setup.
Dave

FredK

After experimenting with many different UTL settings I can also recommend the following for running UTL over a WV network:

(1) Turn off the FPS limiter (set it to "0") in UTL.

(2) Keep traffic density settings at 100% within UTL.

(3) But..... limit the total number of planes to about 75-100 within UTL.

If I go any higher than that number of planes I start to see anomalies with planes appearing/disappearing in the wrong places, particularly on taxiways.  Below that number all is OK.  Again, the issue is not so much a FPS performance hit as it is planes going wacko including looking like swarms of bees doing landings.  My conclusion is that it is not so much a rendering issue, but it is related to P3D's ability to move the planes around.  That is the limitation I think.

I find that by doing it this way I have a healthy enough sprinkling of planes to keep the major airports looking active, while the smaller airports still have a full complement of planes.

All tests where done at large payware airports.

Fred K

blueskydriver

Hi Fred,

I have UT, and UT2, but they're not used in a network situation. Anyway, some time ago, I remembered reading and applying the fix of removing the actual flyable high res planes from the AI planes list. If you do not remove them they would be used at and/or airports near you, and thereby, using rendering resources needlessly.

Also, I did edit the AI airports to match real world airline schedules. For example, if I fly into KMSP Minneapolis (Hub) I want to see Northwest or Delta Airlines moving about or taking off/landing, as well as seeing a lot of the commuter planes that bring passengers in for hub transfers. This airport is also International, so I even edited the parking locations to reflect this and too make sure these international planes were in fact the ones that normally fly into this airport.

Of course this is not for the faint of heart, but why not make it more realistic as possible right? I did alot of large airports this way, then started on some smaller spoke airports, making sure the types of GA that normally use those airports are represented.

Lastly, if you decide to do this look at UT2 schedules first, as they may be setup pretty close; however, here is the link for UT2 schedules payware updates:

http://ut2.flight1.net/index.php/downloads/schedules.html

Here is their FB page link:

https://www.facebook.com/flight1software/

Supposedly, Flight1 is working on UT Live, since UT and UT2 have been discontinued. And, do you need to purchase the schedule updates, not really; unless, you want to do them all yourself...

Here is something for the regulars, do you remember these days...AFCAD and ttools? Look at this old link:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=2981

Have Fun,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FredK

Hi John -

Thanks for the info....

The way I understand it is the schedule UTL is using is a couple of years old and that there is a frustration among users that there is no updated schedule pending.  However that really is not any kind of big concern of mine.  A somewhat bigger issue is that many of the liveries are outdated.  There is also no provision for cargo carriers although there is a workaround for that.  All that is a bit odd for what is supposed to be a leading edge software program, but I can appreciate that just about all of these software add-on companies work on a shoestring budget and that the continually changing P3D parameters do not make the job easy.

Yeah...editing afcads brings back mixed memories of building my own airport scenery etc.  Been there, done that, never again!

That said, UTL does deliver the correct plane liveries to each respective airport.  However it does not park those planes correctly at the terminals.  Most of the better payware airports do have the correct terminal afcads in place though.

Fred K

Jason L

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but the fact that UTL injects the AI into the sim instead of using BGL files is a nice step forward too. It is much easier on the sim to not have to load big BGL files when only a few things are needed in the specific area you are in.

DaveA320

Hi Guys,
I have just noticed that my aircraft on the client PCs do not have nav or strobe lights working. My setup is as outlined in the above posts. When I go to external view on the server PC these lights are working. The WideTraffic manual says these features are supported in the synchronization of AI aircraft.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Dave

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate