Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:29:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
582 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 582
Total: 582

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My project, 737 in the basement.

Started by Goteborg, August 05, 2018, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goteborg

Hi, all cockpitbuilders.

I'm totally new to the forum and recently got a thumbs up from my wife
to start this project, thought that I could as well try to dock
parts of the object in a separate thread and may receive feedback from all the knowledge gathered here.
Is fully aware that it will take time, and it will not be completely free :)

The reason that the choice fell at 737 is that it is the plane I fly the most online, and that the range of parts and guides that touch the 737 is big.

Will try to build as many components as possible myself to keep the cost down. Right now i am keeping on clearing up a surface in the basement that will be my cockpit, so I can start by building MIP furniture and have started with a first component Gear Leaver.

I have access to a sheet metal shop, so much of the projects in the future will be manufactured there. Here are the parts of the first project.

assembly together

some wiring

the finished Product, and it works. Will add switch for locked position later on.

My programming skills are quite limited so I have a steep learning curve in front of me. But I have to start somewhere.

kurt-olsson

Snyggt jobbat!

Really nice work. Let me know if i can help with the programming. What platform will you use?

blueskydriver

Hey Jimmy,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! Home of the best cockpit builders in the world!

You're starting off great and having access to a metal shop is a big bonus. Use the search box and look for CNC plans, you'll find just about everything for the B737, and if not, just ask in a post.

Please post often and provide lots of pics, that is the best way to get help, as well as help others. Good karma goes far on this website and you'll get lots of it, as the members here are a great group of people that will do whatever they can too help each other...

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Goteborg

Quote from: kurt-olsson on August 05, 2018, 08:20:30 AM
Snyggt jobbat!

Really nice work. Let me know if i can help with the programming. What platform will you use?

Tack!

Thank you, do not say what you will regret when you wake up a day with 450 questions in your inbox  ;D

I am currently looking at and considering which path to choose.
Today I'm flying with FSX-SE, but I will not start a project like this around FSX, so the choice is between P3D and XP11.

What feels best for the moment is P3Dv4, ProSim and OpenCockpits IOCards. However, I have to investigate more before placing an order.

Inputs in this topic is more than welcome.

Goteborg

Quote from: blueskydriver on August 05, 2018, 09:03:21 AM
Hey Jimmy,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders! Home of the best cockpit builders in the world!

You're starting off great and having access to a metal shop is a big bonus. Use the search box and look for CNC plans, you'll find just about everything for the B737, and if not, just ask in a post.

Please post often and provide lots of pics, that is the best way to get help, as well as help others. Good karma goes far on this website and you'll get lots of it, as the members here are a great group of people that will do whatever they can too help each other...

Kind Regards,

John

Thank you, and agree.
Have spent many hours reading this forum before joining. Extremely nice cockpits and the knowledge gathered here are superior.

Should try to keep the camera near as soon as there is something worth taking on. :)

Goteborg

So now it begins, I've used Peter's (buildaboeing.com) dimensions that can be found here.
https://buildaboeing.com/2013/04/15/mip-panel/

Builds the structure of the 12mm MDF and MIP panel in 6mm MDF. Choose to do this in wood for simplicity. Also ordered the BOEING 737 MIP PANEL KIT from Flightimulatorparts.com so now I await some supplies of buttons and switches, while I wait, I'm looking for monitors that match and paint.

Goteborg

It progresses slowly, color on. Will paint again once all visible components and screens are installed. Counting on some bad luck here and there before everything is in place. :/

Installed computer, some old saitek gadgets to fly throughout the construction time.
My plan is to build one component at a time, install it and thus get a more realistic simulator bit by bit.

The parts from Flightimulatorparts have arrived, are very pleased with the quality. More gadgets, buttons cables come by mail more or less daily so I hope soon I have everything to start the soldering machine.

Determined to buy P3Dv4, I do not know yet if Prosim is the right way to go. So for now, I will use arduino and mobiflight to get started. Simple and cheap solutions.

Jason L

Prosim is a Cadillac, if you cant afford it there are other options. I'm using iflys 737. They have a cockpit builders edition which is about half the cost. Most things are simulated and thus far I haven't run into any problems..just not all the bells and whistles as prosim, and you are much more dependent on fsuipc offsets for everything. I'm using a combination of mobiflight and FDS interface cards and software to make it work.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mickc

Quote from: Goteborg on September 09, 2018, 07:32:47 AM
It progresses slowly, color on. Will paint again once all visible components and screens are installed. Counting on some bad luck here and there before everything is in place. :/

Installed computer, some old saitek gadgets to fly throughout the construction time.
My plan is to build one component at a time, install it and thus get a more realistic simulator bit by bit.

The parts from Flightimulatorparts have arrived, are very pleased with the quality. More gadgets, buttons cables come by mail more or less daily so I hope soon I have everything to start the soldering machine.

Determined to buy P3Dv4, I do not know yet if Prosim is the right way to go. So for now, I will use arduino and mobiflight to get started. Simple and cheap solutions.

Nice bit of Behringer audio gear in the MIP i see!

Goteborg

Quote from: jmlohrenz on September 20, 2018, 05:06:22 AM
Prosim is a Cadillac, if you cant afford it there are other options. I'm using iflys 737. They have a cockpit builders edition which is about half the cost. Most things are simulated and thus far I haven't run into any problems..just not all the bells and whistles as prosim, and you are much more dependent on fsuipc offsets for everything. I'm using a combination of mobiflight and FDS interface cards and software to make it work.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello, late replay but hey kinda forgot about this forum when i joined the cockpitbuilders-discord.
Anyway, i was a few seconds to go for iFly CBE, i got into the forum and started to sort out some questions about programming it, (i already purchused the iFly model) but the support was not satisfying and Trevor on discord kinda pushed me over to prosim so....

There we go, the forum support is absolutley lovley, but i am just going to.. pretend that prosim did not rob me, jeez that was a heavy charge for a pice of non hardware.  :/

Goteborg

Quote from: mickc on September 21, 2018, 01:48:19 AM
Nice bit of Behringer audio gear in the MIP i see!

Yeah, now it is not plugged in anymore but its a peice of equipment leftover from a radiostation i started a couple of years ago, i had to use it to make my microphone to sound somewhat reasonable on vatsim. Now i have a new headset so its out of the picture again.
Maybe i use it later on for handheld microphones or something. who knows :D

Trevor Hale

LOL Jimmy,
I am not affiliated with PROSIM-AR at all,  But I believe you made the right choice for your situation.  This way you never go back to the "What IF" and one day if you decide you don't want it....  I am sure there is someone that will gladly take it off your hands (For a small loss of course)
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate