Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
229 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Whaattttt!

Started by Joe Lavery, August 29, 2018, 06:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Hey Guys,
I know we've seen ridiculous prices in the past, but this guy takes first prize.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-THR-PN-A2001425/152971625407?hash=item239dd1c3bf:g:4y0AAOSwVWFaxS6Q

$885.00 for a switch, have a look there's more!!!!

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

navymustang

OK be nice.    ;D

This guy sells into the simulator repair market space, not so much to us home builders.  He is also the guy I am trying to buy the 737-300 EIS gauge set from and wants $1,600 for it. He knows there are no 300s out there anymore. I told him what I would offer and he just said flat out no.

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

if one want real parts ..then pay the ferryman ..  :2cw:..

jackpilot

Real parts do not always equate high price
As Jim said, the economic value is based on many factors.

Jack

737NGer

Quote from: navymustang on August 29, 2018, 09:30:44 AM
OK be nice.    ;D

This guy sells into the simulator repair market space, not so much to us home builders.  He is also the guy I am trying to buy the 737-300 EIS gauge set from and wants $1,600 for it. He knows there are no 300s out there anymore. I told him what I would offer and he just said flat out no.

http://www.stockmarket.aero/StockMarket/SearchActionR.do?theAction=search&pager.offset=0&condition=All&startRow=1&loadPppConfirmTab=&communityName=&partial=false&itemdetailaction=&partNumber=212Edp1-3

Should be able to find at least one for a decent price here I think?

navymustang

Great idea, but how do you find anything without a Boeing part no.?
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737NGer

Quote from: navymustang on August 30, 2018, 12:38:05 PM
Great idea, but how do you find anything without a Boeing part no.?

The link above has the P/N already in it for you :)

You don't really need a Boeing P/N. In fact, it's a lot easier to find parts with the Manufacturer P/N e.g. the MCP used on the NG has Boeing P/N S241A100-242, which returns only 2-3 results, but it has Manufacturer P/N 822-1567-102, which returns 20+ results.

navymustang

Thank you so much - how are you finding part numbers just out of curiosity?

737NGer

Quote from: navymustang on August 30, 2018, 03:02:54 PM
Thank you so much - how are you finding part numbers just out of curiosity?

I find my P/Ns by description searching, asking friends etc...

bernard S

IPC     illustrated Parts Cat

737NGer

Quote from: bernard S on August 31, 2018, 08:20:53 AM
IPC     illustrated Parts Cat

I got most of my P/Ns from either searching descriptions, listings, or even down right educated guessing...hehe

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate