Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:58:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
223 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor panel completion.

Started by Mach7, September 02, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Thought I would post a few pics of my, (now completed), instructor panel as I have done some modifications and updates using my 3D printer.

The printer was used to manufacture  holders for all of the pushbutton switches and circuit breaker locations.

All switches are functional with the exception of some that are either labelled as  "spares" or identified for a specific task but are not yet programmed or connected.

A fuel quantity dial is used to register information to FS9 for required fuel load, above that you will see an array of circuit breakers used for protection and control.

The black turn switch controls my CanBus network for the 16 mechanical engine gauges. This switch controls only the 24 volt power supply and will illuminate the "canbus enable" switchlight located on fuel panel when selected ON. (Direct control of the gauges still has to be selected on the computer menu as you would the Open Cockpits gauges.

These switches all include an LED for illumination. I have elected not to connect these lamps at this point due to the jungle of wires already connected at the back.

-Jim

navymustang

What a great project. The IOS reminds me of those I flew with in the 80's.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

Trevor Hale

That's pretty cool, and one heck of an engineering feat on its own.
Great Work, and thanks for posting.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate