Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 10:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
347 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

GAPanel/FSUIPC coding

Started by sedge, September 09, 2018, 12:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedge

HI, Looking for some assistance please. I have a GAPanel for B58 baron in my cockpit build. Trying to program a switch that makes the RMI gauge VOR-1 / ADF and second switch VOR-2/ADF selection. Both are set up as 'Key Press" in FSUIPC. 

Looked every where for offsets etc. Can't seem to discover any method to do the job. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks & Cheers - Sedge

Trevor Hale

If you have them setup as key press, when you push the key on the keyboard do they do what you want them to do?
Page 29 of the FSUIPC Manual
QuoteKey press programming is done by pressing the 'Set' button, for button press or release (or both, if you want) then
entering the key press or combination you want. The value won't appear until the key press is complete, but you can use
combinations of Ctrl, Shift, Tab, Alt and one normal 'graphic' key.
Take care if you elect to use Alt, as this is always the Menu access key. If you want to use it to pull down a menu, then
fair enough, but if you want to also select a menu entry you need a key sequence, programmable only in the FSUIPC4.INI
file. (An example of this is actually given in the Advanced User's Guide). Also FSUIPC cannot send keystrokes to FS
dialogues—they are 'modal', which means nothing else in FS is actually running whilst they are shown, including
FSUIPC4.
For a key press occurring when you press the button, you can program it to operate transiently—i.e. the key(s) are pressed
and released almost immediately—otherwise the keys will be kept pressed until you release the button. [Do NOT do this
with ALT combinations].
If you have the keys kept pressed whilst the button is pressed, you can opt for the keys to be repeated, just as on the real
keyboard. However, the repeat rate is fixed at around 6 per second.
If you set a key press to occur when the button is released, this is always a transient key press, with no repeats. The key
press for button release does not have to be the same as the one on button press, and can be used on its own.
Note that key presses produced by FSUIPC4 using this facility are detectable as Hot Keys both by FSUIPC4 (see the Hot
Key facility) and by any external program using the FSUIPC4/WideFS Hot Keys facility (see the FSUIPC4 SDK).
Also note that Roger Wilco or AVC users do not need to allocate the correct keypress as assigned in their voice program.
Some versions of RW do not obtain keys in a way that FSUIPC4's key press facilities can get to in any case. Instead, use
the FS control programming part instead—special PTT commands have been added to the FS controls list specifically for
this purpose (see below).
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

sedge

Thanks Trevour,

When I have GA panel on screen the keyboard press works fine. When FSX is also running the key press is not functioning. Controllers is switched off in FSX.  Right now (as luck would have it) my rotary controller is Unserviceable  so I am unable to implement further testing until I fit a new IC board (in transit from Hagstrom). OK to P.M. you when done?

Cheers Les

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate