Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:04:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
576 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

More Throttle Quadrant nightmares.

Started by Steenos, October 15, 2018, 11:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steenos

Back in May I bought a used FSC.IT throttle quadrant on ebay. Turns out it wasn't what I ordered. I thought it was a motorized one and it didn't appear to be motorized. Also the TQ didn't have a serial number on it so the guys at FSC.IT wouldn't even help me support it.

So I opened a case on paypal and ended up winning. I shipped the TQ back to Germany and it sits there for a month. The guy never comes to pick it up. USPS will only hold it in Germany for a month before they start a return process.

Well now it's back on my door step. I asked paypal and said what do I do if I get this TQ back? Paypal already refunded my money. They said "Keep it." You did what you had to do.

Well the guy started crying to me on ebay saying I have no TQ and negative 3,000 USD on my paypal account. Tell me how much it is to ship it and i'll paypal you the money. I said this is your fault, this isn't on me, but it was xxx dollars. Paypal me and I'll send it back to you.

This has been at least a month since that last message and I've heard nothing. No paypal money either.

TL:DR Sent TQ back to Germany, Sat there for a month, seller didn't pick up. Now it's back on my door step.

What would you do in this situation? I'm moving and trying to get rid of stuff. No I will not send it to you for free.

kurt-olsson

These crappy TQ companys needs to learn customer service.
I would keep it and never put one more ounce of energy into it. Sell it cheaper to another person and make some money. This is just bad business from that vendor.

Steenos

kurt-olsson

Ah ok, either way. I might do one more try of shipping it if he paid for shipping in advance then.

iwik

Justin,
If i were in your shoes i would send an email giving him a week to send you the freight cost.
If you havn't heard by then tell him you are moving and will list on ebay selling to the highest bidder starting with a very low value. This way you are trying to help. Even though
there is no obligation on your part. You have ebay's backing here.
Les

Trevor Hale

I wouldn't/would not sent/send it to him the second time if he didn't pay me for the shipping in advance.. 

I agree no skin off your teeth, as long as you keep proof that it went to germany the first time, I would also sell it.
You covered your a$$ and I would also keep all paypal correspondence regarding the shipping and paypal saying keep it.
in case something happens after the fact.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Justin,

How about posting some pics of this TQ?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

iwik

Justin,
What was the final outcome, Do you still have the TQ?
Les

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate