Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
576 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flight Scoring Platforms....

Started by RayS, March 19, 2019, 09:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

All,

I'm curious if anyone has any insight/knowledge into flight scoring systems/plugins/standalone apps.

I want to score flights based on several factors:

1. Adherence to procedures, including assigned altitudes, deviations from course, speed restrictions, etc
2. Proper aircraft control: Over-controlling, abrupt control movements, constant throttle firewalling, flaps/gear deployment above V-speeds.
3. Landing rates.

I've been looking into SimBuddy, but am having trouble getting it connected to X-Plane via XPUIPC.

Thanks for any info!
Ray
Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Quote from: RayS on March 19, 2019, 09:21:15 PM
constant throttle firewalling - flaps/gear deployment above V-speeds - Landing rates.
LOL Ray it's Called Prepar3d.  If I run my engines too hard, they Will Hot Start or Quit working altogether (FIRE)  (Aircraft Model Feature) If I dump my flaps or gear too fast, (I get Damage and the Gear/Flaps will not work properly, and landing Rate too high will make the aircraft Crash..
ha ha ha ha..
Good Luck Buddy.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Joe Lavery

Ray,

There's a program called FS Flying School, produced for FSX P3D and now I believe X-Plane 11. It has voice control and is not particularly expensive. I also believe there's a free demo you can try.

Have a look it may be what you're looking for.

http://www.fsflyingschool.com/buyit-X-Plane.asp

Incidentally I have no affiliation with the company, I simply reviewed it a couple of years ago.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

RayS

I looked at that product. Almost made the jump but their list of supported aircraft includes the entire Carenado catalog except one: The Beech 1900D

Of course, right?

Trevor, that not scoring, that's just crashing all the time. :-D
Ray Sotkiewicz

KyleH

FSPassengers did all that stuff. I believe I remember reading about a plug-in available for X-plane.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

RayS

I found a decent solution and it was right in my backyard... free, no less.

I belong to Alaska Airlines Virtual and they have a nifty ACARS app you can download. It provides scoring (Although not to the level of detail I originally outlined) on items like "Did you turn off the landing lights before reaching 10,000, as well as overspeed detection and landing rate scoring.

For what I need, this is perfect, and $0 cost.
Ray Sotkiewicz

RayS

Some of the stats Alaska Virtual measures...

Flight crews unfamiliar with the Beech 1900D will certainly have their hands full so the scoring even at this level will be interesting.
Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

Ray

Interesting tool...

And you did very well on that flight for the most part....

But with your earnings of only $43 for the flight I suggest that you look for a better paying job at another airline!*

*Or is that meant to be a bonus if you exceed certain performance norms?

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

RayS

...that's the starting pay for a regional captain. It doesn't even rise to the poverty line!

I'm forming a virtual pilot's union with plans for a virtual strike for better virtual wages and benefits.
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

fatigue     dont forget that and your per deium is not included as salary

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate