Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
369 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

TV Screen Position

Started by iwik, April 14, 2019, 10:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

I am using 43" tv for my view. Trying to work out how much of the bottom of the screen to
put below the MIP. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Regards
Les

navymustang

There are two reasons to have an outside view in sims 1) you love scenery flying and want to look out the window all the time to see the fancy scenery you have installed, or 2) you want to practice as real of flying as possible.

Decide which you want to do. For scenery flying you want to get as much of the scene high up and in view as possible. For actual flying where the only time you are looking out the windows is landing, you want to be able to see down and in front of the cockpit for the runway.

That may help you decide.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Trevor Hale

Les,
Because of the curve to my Shell, I wanted the tv to sit down to the point where it wasn't teedering on the top of the shell, so I cut the fuselage so that the TV would sit down level inside the shell.  I would guess I have about 4" of the TV Sitting inside the shell.
I can compensate this by playing with the viewpoint in the VC and seems to work nicely.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

iwik

Thanks Jim & Trev
Regards
Les