Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:44:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
377 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSDream Team Couatl crashes when shutting down computers - any ideas

Started by navymustang, April 15, 2019, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

For those of us that use projection systems with multiple computers, I have tried installing FSDream Team airports and have had a problem recently. My normal shutdown process is simply sending a shutdown request to each computer from the host. This is the same as pressing the shutdown button on the front panel of the PC. When I do that with FSDream Team products installed, Couatl crashes with a memory write error. The only way to avoid it is shutting down P3D on each computer first.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what work arounds do you have.

I have since removed any Couatl-based products from the visual computers and they shutdown fine now.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

No problem here with P3D4.4.

Did you try reinstalling?

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

So if you power down your computer with everything still running, it does not crash Couatl?

As in - press the power switch for a shutdown.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Hmmmmm...

With the most recent versions of P3D I find that I cannot power down by simply closing my computer.  If I do that P3D will not shut down properly and will reboot automatically when the computer is restarted no matter what......and I never really trust that kind of startup.

So what I normally do is to first close P3D and then wait about 30 seconds for it and whatever associated programs to completely close out.  Then I shutdown the computer.

Perhaps it is Couatl causing this as you suggest.  For me it is not a big deal to wait the 30 seconds so I have not investigated exactly what is happening.  From what I understand though is that this is typical behavior with P3D now.  It is a bit of an inconvenience since I have 4 WideView computers involved.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

That's the problem, the three client computers have no monitors, keyboard or mice. I would have to remote log into each one, one at a time to shut down like that.

Interesting though - P3D shuts down just fine on my other computers by simply powering off the computers.

There is a fix for the auto-restart of previous programs. I forgot where I found it, but you can look it up.

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

navymustang

Yes, both of these links are interesting in that they are time driven, but neither can be event driven for shutdown.
So I took the simple approach and deleted all FS DreamTeam airports and now my computers shutdown just fine.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate