Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
354 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Immersive Calibration Pro help?

Started by jskibo, May 13, 2019, 05:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

I have my dual projector system up and running and bought a copy of Immersive display Pro Ultimate including the Immersive calibration pro.

I like being able to set up the webcam and do a lot of the setup semi automatically using calibration pro, but have run into a few issues and questions to Fly Elise have been met with the "here's a link to the manual and some user videos" which is really not helpful so I was hoping someone here has been through the same thing and could tell me what I am doing wrong.

I use my office 2 projector system for multiple games as well as desktop usage.  I will go with a NatVis 3 PJ setup when I finish the new MAX build.

I'm using a single PC with a GTX1080ti out to (2) BenQ 2150ST projectors to a 180 degree screen approx 125" x 40".

I am using a separate laptop on the network to run the calibration and that's connected to a logitech camera

For desktop, Falcon 4, WWIIonline, ARMAII /III, DCS and right now XP11 and P3D I am using an NVIDIA 2D surround setup, 3840x1080.  Setup runs fine and some simple post calibration tweaking gives me a set of files including ProCalib that I dump into the C:\\WARP000 folder.  In Immersive display I load the "Single" calibration file (from the external calibration selection in the drop down menu) and all works well in both desktop and games / sims.

For at least XP11, and though I am not sure, but it sounds like P3D, in order to use the Mutliview (separate viewing window perspectives)  I'm supposed to not span the projectors using Nvidia surround, but leave them as separate extended desktop displays, but here is where I have issues

First try calibrating as two separate 1920 x 1080 displays, ungrouped and Steps 1 to 3 work fine and I can run masking in step 4, but as soon as I touch a point in screen to move it in order to set the six points required for automap the client application closes.  I can't get automap or anything post that step to work and stay connected.

Second try, I did as above, but used the "group" screens from the dropdown menu.  Using this allowed me to move past the steps required for automapping and I could set everything up and successfully finished the calibration and exported the files.  In Procalib Export folder I get a "Single" and a "Multi" file as well as two Single and Multi files for each screen.

If I load either the single or multi calibration files the desktop becomes unusable.  It is larger so open windows go beyond limits and the warp that is visible looks like its convex vs a normal concave look (like its bursting out of the screen at me.

I guess the TLDR of this is:

When wanting to set up calibration for Multi view in P3D and XP11:

1. Do I group or ungroup the two displays in Immersive calibration pro and Immersive display pro?

2. If ungrouped, how can I keep the Client from disconnecting each time I get to Step 4 "Automap"

3. Once I finish, which of the Procalib files in the output folder should I be loading to the screens in Display PRO?  I have tried single, multi and the individual multi 0,0 and multi 1920,0, plus single 0,0, 0,1920.  All don't display a desktop that I can use to even start a XP11 or P3D session.

I would love to run XP11 and P3D in multi window views but currently I'm stuck.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate