Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
256 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 273
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 256
Total: 256

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

2020 Microsoft Flight Simulator - new at E3 2019

Started by Buster99, June 09, 2019, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster99

Hello everyone,

I just saw this on Youtube on the Xbox channel and I am almost in tears.....
See:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4&list=LLYMzpX17L964sw2RH7TtMkQ&index=2&t=18s

This is also announced on the Microsoft website for Xbox but it should also be available for PC.
I hope MicroSoft has learned from the Ms Flight experience, I so wish this to be successful!

Best Regards,
Marc

fsaviator

I wouldn't be so sure this will be available for PC.
The strength of an XBox platform is that they can market it for the gamer without the headaches of a open platform like PC.

I seriously doubt they will try to compete against P3D, XP, and more relevent DCS (with a newer generation architecture) in the PC market - but they can definitely take on the Gaming Console market.

Maybe I'm wrong, but now that I've gone to P3D I don't see me going back to any Microsoft product unless it offers some serious horsepower gains and add-on compatibility

just my 2 cents

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

navymustang

Folks at FSExpo are hinting that it is PC only and a closed system without any ability to interface to it. So it most likely will not be a sim of choice for cockpit builders.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

I assume Microsoft has their reasons (for a closed system, console-based and/or streaming-based release), but if the recent FSExpo is any indication of the current core interest for flight simming they still have it all wrong.

The exhibit floor at FSExpo was dominated by hardware add-on vendors peddling hardware interfaces for desk-top simmers, ranging from simple interface switches to a full A320 setup.  Scenery software vendors were curiously absent.....much less than last year. 

If all that represents the core market (and it actually seems to be growing in the past few years), an XBox approach will frustrate even them. 

That said, the fidelity of what is shown in the MS trailer is incredible.  It is also sort of curious to see that the trailer features a commercial aircraft flight for a real airline (United), not the generic "World" airlines etc.  The previous Microsoft releases were more focused on fighter jets, aerobatics, and gliders etc.....just jump in the plane and do loops.  So perhaps there is something more to this going on.

Keep in mind that P3D keeps stressing that they are "training based" and MS keeps exhibiting that they are "game based".  It would appear that they do not want to encroach on each other.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

n4208t

Microsoft sold the rights of Microsoft flight simulator to Lockheed Martin for professional/commercial use and to Dovetail Games for gaming/entertainment use.  They no longer own any rights to reproduce the program on a pc platform unless they have repurchased those rights from the now defunct Dovetail Games.  I suspect we would have heard if that had happened.

The new version, at least for now, appears to be focused on X-Box which they did retain the rights for.

James twomey

Am I missing something?  I read on their web site that it is being developed for both XBox and PC.  I am reading it that they plan it to be a streaming service through their XBox services site.

That being said, it is my current belief that this new platform will not appeal to the cockpit builders.  I just don't hold out any hope that they have us in mind, nor are they developing the program to be interfaceable as the old FSX program is.  That could be the cynic in me coming out, thinking they are just looking to cash in on some quick dollars.

Trevor Hale

I would have thought Microsoft Flight should have taught them that lesson.  Then again....  Maybe not  :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

n4208t

Well it does look like they are talking PC too though, from what I can gather, it looks like you will need an X-Box pass ($10 a month from one source) for the PC.  No one really seems to know any more than us but Fly Away Simulations has a nice summary of what is currently known if you are interested.  https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4953/#heading2

:2cw:

757Simulator

Will it work with mothergoose's zibo mod?  :huh:. Just teasing.  ;D

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate