Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 10:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
345 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Where to find or how to make this switch guard?

Started by helloo, July 11, 2019, 08:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloo

Where to find or how to make this switch guard for the Stab cutoff?

jackpilot

FDS may have it.
They are called T-Lockers
As usual Boeing has a knack for ugly and antiquated hardware.
The solution below has more appeal IMHO

Jack

helloo

In the photo above is that just a standard switch guard?

mickc

These are made by MSP Aviation.  Part number is 019803-001

You can purchase direct from MSP or here: https://wbpartsexpress.com/019803-001    (Be warned - OEM Prices apply ;)  $107 each.)

jackpilot

Quote from: helloo on July 11, 2019, 01:53:10 PM
In the photo above is that just a standard switch guard?

Yes, and so much better than the ugly T-scrap
It is your airplane and there is no enticement to use outdated parts to avoid cost of new certification... :P

Jack

blueskydriver

3D print job there! Need an Modeler Person to make it and I could print it...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

@ Mick
Thanks for the link.
Amazing selection of hardware
Some very expensive some not.
Check connectors for instance
Great

Jack

Joe Lavery

I've already modelled these for my own TQ, see attached. Fairly simple design and easy to print, just two parts and a 2mm steel rod for the hinge pin.
I run a 2mm drill through one side and tap the rod into the other side. You need to make sure the hole in the moving part is clear.

I imagine the real ones have a spring to hold the flap in position, it could be done but I didn't bother. If you don't have a printer there are a number of companies on Thingyverse who will print it for very little money... in the UK about £3 each... or $4.00 (STL file Attached)

Alternately you could get a couple of these flick type switches on ebay, which I fitted to my original TQ,
[ebay]361793111625[/ebay] They're not exactly the same as the originals, it depends how fussy you are.

Hope that helps.
Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

blueskydriver

There you go Mike, Joe comes to the rescue... :D Way to go Joe!

If you can, find someone local to print them or do as Joe suggests, very inexpensive that way.  :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate