Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
549 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Korry 318 gets hot.

Started by kurt-olsson, July 15, 2019, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Are your OEM korry 318 non led also very hot after being on for a while. I can almost not touch them after being on for like 30 min.

jeffreyk

It's normal for them to get hot indeed.

That's why a dark cockpit concept is very practical :)

And you'll probably end up replacing a lot of window heat ON bulbs :P

blueskydriver

I am curious about the power supply and amps being drawn on the same or nearby circuits? If something else is drawing a lot, whatever else on that circuit is going to get hot. In some cases too hot causing melting, fires and in your case, very hot bulbs.

Another thought, what's behind the Korrys? Are they covered with other material where they're located?

Just a foot note, because of all the other items and lack of space, I installed a PC fan up in my overhead for this very reason; otherwise, the heat had no where to go...:idiot:

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

did ya burn tip.of finger  ?   yup they get hot  ..

mickc

Just wait till you press the Master Caution or 6 pack after it has been on for a while  :D :D

I think i got sunburn last time i did a lights test....

KyleH

Yup, they get hot. The joy's of incandescent lights. Always have to be careful when turning off the Ground Power switch on the 767 overhead when it's been on for a while.

Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

kurt-olsson

Haha Then i know its normal. :) thanks guyes!

kurt-olsson

Quote from: blueskydriver on July 15, 2019, 12:31:40 PM
I am curious about the power supply and amps being drawn on the same or nearby circuits? If something else is drawing a lot, whatever else on that circuit is going to get hot. In some cases too hot causing melting, fires and in your case, very hot bulbs.

Another thought, what's behind the Korrys? Are they covered with other material where they're located?

Just a foot note, because of all the other items and lack of space, I installed a PC fan up in my overhead for this very reason; otherwise, the heat had no where to go...:idiot:

John

Will also install a 12v fan for the heat in general. But my korrys are tested seperatly with no crowded space.

Joe Lavery

I know this is sacrelidge for you (real cockit) guys, but LEDs would solve all your heat problems.... 8) 8)  Just sayin!!!

:2cw:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate