Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 12:44:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
90 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 382
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 90
Total: 91

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flight deck solutions FDS-B737NG-PRO-MX- rudder pedal

Started by Mach7, July 10, 2019, 04:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Just thought I would drop a note of warning for anyone that has these type of pedals installed.

I emailed Peter Cos. (FDS), with respect to servicing the forward push pull rod bearings as they have grease fittings that would lend one to believe they could be utilised with a gun for lubrication purposes.

The tech department suggested an annual grease application with a grease gun.

After purchasing the smallest gun I could find, I successfully greased my first bearing but when the gun was removed it took the entire fitting with it.

In actuality these are cheap push on adaptors that do not even contain a retention spring ball, and are more like dust covers than anything else.

The solution to this problem was to purchase a spray can of lithium grease, and service the remaining bearings that way.

The spray can idea works perfectly fine!

I have since contacted FDS and they have been very supportive and advised they may put out a warning with respect to these fittings.

757Simulator

ifeliciano

Mach7

Yep....the needle adaptor was my second trip to Canadian Tire, prior to (returning the grease gun) to get a refund. In actuality it is "pointy", but not "needle" enough to fit in the hole.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate