Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
105 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

gables g-5393b Pinout

Started by kurt-olsson, March 28, 2020, 11:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hi

I have searched the internet but not found any info about the pinouts.
I think this Nav panel uses grayscale bits for encoding Frequenzes.

Anyone have docs laying around for this gables model?

Trevor Hale

Kurt.

I know Rob Archer (727737Nut ) has solved this and also has a pinout for these.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Joe Lavery

If not, I bought two Gables Audio panels and wrote to Gables explaining what I was using them for and they sent me a pdf schematic along with a very nice letter.

Just a thought

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

kurt-olsson

Quote from: Joe Lavery on March 28, 2020, 01:04:20 PMIf not, I bought two Gables Audio panels and wrote to Gables explaining what I was using them for and they sent me a pdf schematic along with a very nice letter.

Just a thought

Joe.

Wow, nice customercare from Gables! :)

Joe Lavery

When I wrote back and said how please I was for the support from Gables, this was the reply:

"Hello Mr. Lavery:

Thank you for your very affirmative response. It has been Gables policy to provide timely technical assistance to customers and users of our products in the past 65+ years. We are very pleased that you are able to use the information provided.

Please let us know if we could be of further assistance in this matter or any other question you may have regarding Gables avionics control panels.

Best regards."

I have not included the email address for obvious reasons but if anyone wants the contact details please PM me.

Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Confirmed.
I always got first class help from Gables for OEM equipment.

Jack

bernard S

well since now people are going down the rabbit hole... which is often deep dark and scary..before jumping in to such a hole ..might be best decide how far you want to go.. my suggestion before you jump in ... figure out how many aircraft panels you want ...then jump  through all the hoops and there is a few of them and buy the required manuels.. because sooner or later that panel is going to fail then you are in for a world of hurt replacing it ..vanity has its price .. i should have t shirts made with that slogan 😇..my two cents  sure give out the email address to Gables for whoever wants it...they get inundated with requests , watch the OEM support dry up overnight..no such thing as a free lunch

jackpilot

Very few simbuilders are ready to tackle Canon plugs pinouts and interface OEMs.
I do not think Gables help desk will be inundated.
IMHO of course.

Jack

mickc

Gables and Ipeco are probably the only OEM component makers that are sim builder friendly in my experience

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate