Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
351 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 362
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3d v5 - Available April 15th

Started by B737NG, April 07, 2020, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Quote from: MistyBlue on April 15, 2020, 10:34:37 AMP3D just looks barren compared to the 2020 Alpha. 

You have to take into account the fact that 2020 videos show the optimal graphics (avail only on line) which will certainly need tons of processing power and maybe some kind of fees to access.
P3D is self contained and with ORBX added is far from being barren.
Besides there are many other factors to consider in a fully interfaced sim beyond eye-candies, including what's under the hood for performance and potential .
Just my 2 cents of course!...lol

Jack

bernard S

is it a red head under the hood    high preformance but omg the maintenance lol

B737NG

So, even after an unimpressive video of Prepar3d v5, I bit and made the conversion. Quick and easy, just awaiting a few pieces of software to be compatible (Active Sky & Ultimate Traffic).

I must say I am very impressed, no FPS hit, and all my SIM-A software worked great!

Worth the switch!
Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

jackpilot

Quote from: bernard S on April 16, 2020, 02:51:33 PMis it a red head under the hood    high preformance but omg the maintenance lol
Nope, red but just good'ol reliable and heavy iron

Jack

helloo

Quote from: helloo on April 16, 2020, 10:56:57 AMDoes SIMA 1.964 work with V5?

To answer my own question, yes it does work.  V5 also seems like a major performance improvement, among other things.

MistyBlue

Quote from: jackpilot on April 16, 2020, 02:31:02 PMYou have to take into account the fact that 2020 videos show the optimal graphics (avail only on line) which will certainly need tons of processing power and maybe some kind of fees to access.

P3D is self contained and with ORBX added is far from being barren.
Besides there are many other factors to consider in a fully interfaced sim beyond eye-candies, including what's under the hood for performance and potential .
Just my 2 cents of course!...lol

I can't comment much on the first statement as I'm part of the Alpha so I'll put it this way...I have been blown away so far even on my lesser platforms and even at lower levels of detail. 

On the second statement, I agree ORBX makes a marked improvement at lower altitudes (albeit at a performance penalty and of course, addon costs), but in P3D I still personally prefer to fly with high-res satellite imagery and locally detailed airports for airliner flying.  I feel that gives me the best blend of performance and realism for the type of flying I do.  So my ORBX collection is gathering dust (except for, maybe, Global and LC for where I don't have imagery).

However, it's shaping up to look like FS2020 will change that to where we'll have the best of accurate 3D and satellite worlds at the same time.  But I agree, under the hood is just as important and it sounds like the SDK will be more detailed than what we have now so that's a good sign.  Can't wait to see how we can/will benefit.

Should be an exciting next couple of years!

jackpilot

Your comments make sense. Thank you.

Jack

MistyBlue

Looks like WideView was updated for P3D v5.  I got my v4 version working with some hand tweaking.  Not sure if v5 has anything further to offer.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate