Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
344 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Air Vent Modules

Started by sagrada737, April 10, 2020, 08:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hello Folks,

One thing about this isolation, it sure allows opportunity to work on our Sim projects.  I hope all of you are well...

In my quest to get all the little things done on my Sim Project, before I bolt the MIP down to the flight Deck on the Motion Platform, I have completed the CA and FO Air Vent Modules, which somewhat reflect what is in the 737.

One thing for sure, it is important to have fresh air coming into the cockpit for our Sims.  In my case, I am using my IP Cooler to feed an Air Manifold, which will be mounted on front of the Motion Platform.   From the Air Manifold, I will output air to the 6dof Motion Platform Servo Controllers, the CA and FO  ports for the "Foot Air" and Wind Shield" areas, and the EyeBall Vents.

The FOOT AIR and WIND SHIELD vents are controlled as in the real 737, with a Push-Pull knob to the side of the EyeBall vents.  For the EyeBall vents, the air tubing comes off the Air Manifold, and is "fan assisted"  The Photo below shows the MIP layout.  The color doesn't quite match, but I'll resolve that later.

The IP Cooler I am using is a Tripp Lite SRCOOL 12K unit that is temperature/speed  controlled.  There will also be a by-pass port to allow cooled air to move into the Sim Room.

Now that the Air Vents are completed, I will be working on mounting various modules to the MIP structure, eg. FlightIllusion GSA cards, Bodnar cards, etc., then working on wire harness routing. 

The last big system for me to tackle will be configuring the real 737 Yoke/Control Columns.  The mounting design is finished, so its just a matter of fabricating the system to fit into its place in the Flight Deck.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

kattz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate