Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:06:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
57 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 63
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 MIP Display improvements

Started by sagrada737, November 02, 2020, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hello All,

I have noticed that in the real 737-800 cockpit, that the MIP displays have anti-reflection coatings, helping to reduce the glare and make the display easier to see.   I have an FDS MIP, but this could apply to any MIP that uses an LCD type of display to represent the instruments, eg. PFD, NAV display, etc.

I used a 1/8" thick sheet of 20% gray tint plexiglass, that is mounted in front of the LCD screen.  The effect is quite noticeable, and greatly improves readability of the display.

Since these LCD monitors slide into position from behind the MIP, it is easy to install. 

Also, I have used a similar window tint material (typically used on cars) to place over some of my Nav/Com displays.  This has a dramatic effect of reducing readout glare, making the displays easier to view.

Here is a photo of the CA side of the MIP.  I think it is hard to see the effect in the photo, but you get the idea.  It's an inexpensive way to improve our Sim displays.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

helloo

Nice idea.  When I built my Max last year, I did not included the clear plexi covers that come from FDS.  I did not like the glare I saw on other setups.  I just have the monitors which do not give off the glare. 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate