Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
34 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Solid State Relays (SSR) and thier use

Started by navymustang, April 26, 2021, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

I have recently purchased an 8-channel SSR to be controlled via an Arduino Mega 2560. I use mechanical relays all the time. I'm new to SSRs, so can someone tell me why you are only supposed to control A/C loads and not D/C loads with them?
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

mickc

You can control DC loads with them, if they are DC SSRs.

This explains it pretty well:
https://www.phidgets.com/docs/Solid_State_Relay_Primer#How_SSRs_Work

ame

Indeed. There are two types of SSR. The ones you have, and the ones you need.  ;D

navymustang

MIc, thanks - great article.

And indeed, I have bought something I should not have. But being a good builder, I will find a use for it in the future.  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate