Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CSEL in 12 days

Started by jskibo, July 12, 2013, 09:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Just got back from another 2.5 hours of turning cash into altitude.  Currently sitting at 248.4 hours, with 1.6 to go for commercial minimums.

Written passed with a 96, and CSEL checkride set for July 25th.  Feeling pretty good about it now, but I'm sure I'll get nervous over the next few days.

Also paid for my 15 days at American Flyers to knock out my CFI rating beginning August 22.

Going to try and bang out my CMEL before heading to CFI school if I can squeeze it in.

The flying club I belong to hits max membership numbers last month and we are sitting on a pile of cash, so we are running the numbers and looking at acquiring a Piper Seneca (turbo, pressurized, O2, radar and FIKI).  I can't wait!  Need to get my MEI done and 5 hours in type so I can help checking out other members in it!

.......all this explains why I haven't put the damn SYS board back in my overhead yet :)

Oh yeah, Scott, I'll be at palwaukee with two friend that I'm doing CFI school with, any chance I could bring them by one night to see the sim?
Less than 4 years to retirement......

XOrionFE

Quote from: jskibo on July 12, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
Oh yeah, Scott, I'll be at palwaukee with two friend that I'm doing CFI school with, any chance I could bring them by one night to see the sim?

Absolutely John,

Your always welcome!

Scott

jskibo

Passed the Commercial checkride today.

Getting that done feels good!!

Maurice

Quote from: jskibo on July 25, 2013, 06:54:54 PM

Have you come down back to earth yet or are you still floating up in the air?  ;D

That must be a great feeling. Congratulations! :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jskibo

Quote from: Maurice on July 26, 2013, 04:09:47 AM
Quote from: jskibo on July 25, 2013, 06:54:54 PM

Have you come down back to earth yet or are you still floating up in the air?  ;D

That must be a great feeling. Congratulations! :cheers:

Maurice

Settling back down to earth :)

My power off 180's have been hit ot miss lately and I planned on taking a flight to practice them right before my ride.

It didn't work out that way as the DPE sprung the flight plan he wanted me to do (KGRR to KCID) 2 hours before the ride.  Then the airport NOTAM'd out the GA runway for Maint until 5pm.  Didn't think they would want to give me a series of Closed traffic short approaches on the same one they were landing the airliners on.

Turned out to be my Best Power off 180 landing yet!

Time to knock out Multi Engine and CFI!

Sam Llorca

Congratulations John !!!

jskibo

Quote from: Sam Llorca on July 26, 2013, 12:46:30 PM
Congratulations John !!!

Thanks Sam, looking forward to Worldflight!

Where's a good place to tie down my Mooney while I'm down there without paying a fortune?

Sam Llorca

I can get you a good deal at Retrix North, or I can share my hangar, for how long are you staying?

jskibo

Quote from: Sam Llorca on July 27, 2013, 09:24:14 AM
I can get you a good deal at Retrix North, or I can share my hangar, for how long are you staying?

Was going to depart here the Saturday before and stay until the following Sunday.  Bringing a Mooney M20F Exec 21.

Sam Llorca

Awesome Ill be waiting.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate