Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
119 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ARINC429 interface from Cockpit Concepts

Started by RayS, May 31, 2022, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

Disregard  Found their software. (Although it was buried in a tiny link off to the side...)

It finally arrived!

...with no directions, no software, nothing....

So, does anyone know how to use these things and what I might be missing? (Not this specific interface but CC cards in general...)
Ray Sotkiewicz

KyleH

LOL....don't you love sites like that. Or, ones that have tons of different drivers/software on the site, but no guidance on what one is required for the product you purchased.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

RayS

Even more frustrating is trying to install unsigned USB Windows drivers from 2004 just to get it to be recognized.

I could be Magic Johnson with all the hoops I had to jump through....
Ray Sotkiewicz

Jason L

unsigned drivers...ugh...gives me the chills.  Opens your computer up to some nasty bugs out there.  be careful!

bernard S

ARINC only for the brave   TX/RX signals unique software  400hz  makes things easy in some ways and harder in others ..my 2 cents  either go all per design basis aircraft or remain with simulated panels and other items ..have the t shirt about this :- ) without Manuel's it can be frought with grief imho

RayS

I'm not giving up, Bernard!  ;)

I got a Garmin MX20 working with X-Plane with little to no documentation regarding the protocols or communication stream.

I have to admit though that the ARINC-429 protocol is expensive regarding supporting circuitry. Even got scammed off eBay from a guy that listed ARINC-429 driver chips that seemed too good to be true.

Turns out it was....
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

dont forget signal speeds   and they different;-)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate