Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
493 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 493
Total: 493

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Ifly cockpit builders edition

Started by Caflyt, February 20, 2013, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caflyt

If anyone has the Ifly cockpit builders edition they will not be using, I would possibly like to purchase it from you.
I'm finding it difficult to justify the new cost in this challenging economy in the USA.
I thought I would try here before I bite the bullet and sacrifice my mortgage payment.
Thanks!!!!
Craig

Caflyt

Thanks OmniAtlas!!, but I am sort of leaning towards the I-Fly because I love the aircraft and have become quite accustomed to it as I've been flying it for a year or two now. I really don't have anything against other makers but just like the idea if using the suite designed by and for the model I prefer and am used to.
My full MIP shipped from Simworld today so I still have a great deal of work to do before I'm ready to setup all the systems but trying to plan accordingly and save a little $$$ as I go. If anyone has any pointers on selling the wife on growing the sim in the living room, I'm all ears. She has already threatened us that we'll have to move to the hangar if it gets too big!

blueskydriver

Tell her she can have an F16 cockpit sim. Checkout Simlady aka my wife, after she got what she wanted it didn't matter. We now need a house because our entire home is a hangar...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Caflyt

The builders edition allows you to setup your displays across networked computers via a server/client scenario and all works together with the flight model. I've used the standard edition on a single system for a while now on my old setup, but now that I'm completely rebuilding I need to run more screens and spread the load more.
It really isn't all that expensive ($465.00 for the upgrade) but wifee doesn't get the fascination with the whole home cockpit experience and therefore thinks anything more than the price of a good pair of shoes is wasteful.
She is quite the numbers girl and must keep me in check.
Slowly getting used to it though as I already built a GA sim behind our couch but the 737 is going to be slightly more obtrusive. So I tread lightly!!!
As far as advice on "hooking her in" my only ploy has been .....Tiffany's
Funny how a similarly priced piece of jewelry makes so much more sense to her than a throttle quadrant!?!?! 

Caflyt

Thanks BlueSkyDriver, but unless Bloomingdales sells f-16 cockpits, she's not interested.
It's great that you two share the obsession though,
Lucky man!

Caflyt

Thank You very much ohsirus!!!
You have really come through for me and I appreciate it!!!
I will now go forth into the depths of insanity and join you all in this crazy obsession...,UH hobby and will try to post pics. I'm not the most plan oriented guy on the planet so bear with me.
I really appreciate you guys who have reached out to help a builder with his shortfalls. (ohsirus and n737ag have been phenomenal!!! THANKS!!!

Maurice

Quote from: Caflyt on February 20, 2013, 06:42:54 PM

As far as advice on "hooking her in" my only ploy has been .....Tiffany's
Funny how a similarly priced piece of jewelry makes so much more sense to her than a throttle quadrant!?!?!

"similarly" ?. I would go as far as saying that any price jewelry would make more sense to her (you can always sell jewelry but try selling a simulator :). But console yourself by knowing she will keep you from getting into a dark financial hole from which it would be hard to get out like so many families have done by over spending, especially if done on credit. Let's face it, men are much more likely to squander money and having a sane voice in the family is a good thing :)

Women... you've got to love them (or live alone)   ;D

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Quote from: Maurice on February 23, 2013, 05:20:28 AM

you can always sell jewelry but try selling a simulator  Maurice

Cant sell her either.. :D
Had I been wise enough and stayed single, (repeatedly!!) I could afford a CAE machine! :D
Ok lets go back to serious biz! ;D

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate