Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 08:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
465 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 465
Total: 465

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New guy here from the great northwest

Started by astron, November 23, 2010, 07:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astron

Hey Guys, just thought i would introduce myself,before we made any posts on your site here,My name is Tom,and we live up here near Spokane,Wa in a small

town called Deer park (KDEW).  We have been working on a full scale LJ45 sim for about the last couple of years,and we are about half finished i would

say,still many more things to do yet, the entire sim has basically been built from scratch,and myself along with several other guys have managed to

design and build most of the parts for the sim,but there are still several things left to be made at this point,but it should all come together

eventually.

But i have decided to also build a 737 sim,my first choice was the 757 because i really like it,however there is about zero support out there for that

airplane. And this go around we have decided not to build this thing from scratch ,we have decided to buy the majority of the sim from pete over at

fds,this way we will be up and flying in 6 months or so, i hope. there will probably be a few items in the cockpit that we will build ourselves,
i have read through many of your threads already and i can see there is a great group of guys over here, just as there are on hanger45,infact i have

seen several of the hanger 45 guys over here,whom i know quite well. Im sure i will be asking questions as i go,as you seem to have many knowledgeable

guys over here, and on a sidenote, if there is any thing i may be able to do for you guys let me know, as we have a rather large omax waterjet

machine,that will cut up to a full 4X8 ft sheet of what ever you can put on it,we have cut several items for the learjet guys, like the

mip,glareshield,and some other parts,feel free to ask i will see what we can do for you.

Anyway thanks again,and hope to talk with all of you at one time or another.

Take care for now,best regards,Tom

Bob Reed

Hi Tom. Nice to have you here. I am also a member over at Hanger45 but as I am not building a Lear I don;t post much, I do read a lot of what is going on over there. Hope we can be of some help and looks like you can be of help here to folks as well. Thanks for joining!

matta757

go for the 757! i can assure you it is worth it! granted your only support would basically be me, but still! but if you're heart set on the 737, more power to you! welcome aboard!

autocadplease

Hi Tom.
I am not too far from you (Nelson, B.C. Canada). We always drive thru Deer Park on our way to Spokane. Love the "White Elephant"!
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

astron

Thanks guys for the nice welcome, hmmm not sure what happen to my post,the words are allover the place, anyway,Grant if you ever get down this way look me up,you can check out the lear sim if you like, thanks again guys.

regards,Tom

Bob Reed

phil744

Quote from: astron on November 23, 2010, 07:28:51 AM

my first choice was the 757 because i really like it,however there is about zero support out there for that

"i dont know why i bother" **phil walks off in a huff to go sit in the corner**

Heheh welcome to the forum buddy, good luck with whatever you decide to build and keep us posted :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

XOrionFE

Welcome Tom,

Great to see you made it here.

Scott

ETomlin

Hey Tom

This is a *wonderful* site to visit each day. I usually do and although a dedicated LJ45 guy, there's much to learn here even for me and Shane. Glad to see you are still motivated to build a sim. The 737 is an excellent choice.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Boeing Skunk Works

Welcome aboard!

If you type more than the box will hold it sort of acts a little funny. You have to grab the bottom of the box (in the center) and drag it down farther than the area you are using to type.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

astron

Thanks Scott and Eric, we will try to keep the lj45 sim alive, and work on it as more things for it come about, but hopefully will get into a real sim cockpit and be flying in the few months to come, thanks again talk to you guys later
Tom

astron

Hi there and thanks for the welcome, i think what i did was to write it up in notepad,and then i just pasted it in the box here and it came out that way, thanks for the advice

take care,Tom

ETomlin

Quote from: astron on November 24, 2010, 06:55:08 AM
Thanks Scott and Eric, we will try to keep the lj45 sim alive, and work on it as more things for it come about, but hopefully will get into a real sim cockpit and be flying in the few months to come, thanks again talk to you guys later
Tom

Hey Tom

Have a look over at FlightLevel180.org

You will see some goodies that may find their way toward your old LJ45 sim one day since you may decided to complete it after the 737 gets going and airborne.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

astron

Eric, i will have to get over there and check it out, take care for now and happy thanksgiving

Tom

MLeavy737

Welcome Tom, look forwad to seeing your progress!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

astron

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome, looks to me like your a real pilot inthe pic?

take care for now,Tom

MLeavy737

Quote from: astron on November 26, 2010, 04:42:44 AM
Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome, looks to me like your a real pilot inthe pic?

take care for now,Tom

Tom,
  Yes i am.. I fly 737's for Continental.  I may not always have the best build advice but i can always tell ya how to fly them :) Let me know if you need any help.

Mike Leavy

Boeing Skunk Works

That is probably the best information we have here. If you can't fly it, it makes no sense to build it.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

MLeavy737

binto100

if there is any thing i may be able to do for you guys let me know, as we have a rather large omax waterjet

Tom -

I recently had 1" aluminum plate cut into shapes for hinges needed on the motion platform I'm building; I'll do the subsequent facing and hole boring (for plastic bearings) on my mill.  What is the best tolerance you can realistically achieve on your omax while maintaining a smooth vertical side cut w/o any kerf?  I haven't put a micrometer to my parts yet but the company I used said the cut would be within .004 - .005 or so.  I had eight pieces cut and will need a minimum of 24 more.  If you're interested I could send you the dxf file; please let me know.

Thanks.

Bruce

astron

Hi Bruce, sorry its taken me so long to reply, i havent been on the site here for a while sorry about that, you can email the .dxf file and what ever info you want and i can reply with a phone number where you can reach me.  and we can go over your project call me at my shop toll# is 1 800 405 4226 just ask for Tom

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate