Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:48:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
482 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 482
Total: 482

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Throttle Quadrant construction for ATR72

Started by when acting as a wave, November 01, 2009, 02:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

Outstanding! Man, that looks good! I mean really good!

I used a similar technique for the throttle top cover. I laminated strips of .030 plastic, 1/8" rubber, and .009 aluminum (top surface) sheet to form the top of the throttle. These were all layed out and counter-sunk screwed to the individual wood bulkheads that seaparate the throttle levers and flap & speed brake levers out to the sides.

I formed the plastic sheet strips over the curve of the bulkheads and then used Loc-Tite 401 to glue the plastic, rubber, and aluminum together at this radius.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

when acting as a wave

Thanks! Yes, very happy with the results. And I remember seeing some shots of your throttle a while ago Mike, very very nice. Excellent finishing.

Unfortunately we couldn't take a video of the throttle working this morning because we decided to remove the old CRT panel monitors and replace them with with a pair of flatscreen LCD's, which we bought second-hand yesterday. They're in (actually they're upside down with the screen image flipped 180 degrees because there was no other way they'd fit!) but the main FS computer is now also getting an overhaul whilst it can properly be 'got at' again.

Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate