Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
149 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Real time Google earth

Started by Olafson, June 09, 2013, 12:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olafson

Hi,

I can not get the "real-time" flight in google earth working properly.

When I check the real time flight and start the tracker and choose the google earth symbol the google is startig up normal in a Window.

But when I am going to fly, google earth goes to my location only for 1 second and then continusly zooming in and out. Also the whole world is marked with red dos and stripes everywhere.

Someone can help me please?

luisgordo

Olafson,

Have you been able to solve this already?  If not send me a PM.  I'll be glad to help.

Best regards,
Luis
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Olafson

Hi Luis,

I pm'ed you.

Like to hear.

luisgordo

Folks,

Pasting here the string of emails with Olaf, for everyone's benefit.

---------------------------

Hi Luis,

Here are the files.

And indeed, now it's working!!!

Also the realtime option in google is working great!

Only I can not get the realtime option in eye view from the point of view out of the cockpit.

Thanks a lot Luis for your efforts. many thanks.

Regards,

Olaf

2013/7/21 Luis Gordo <>
Hi Olaf,

I have seen the video.  It seems you forgot to attach the DAT and the KML files.  Could you send those to me?

Also, while playing the tour in Google Earth, I recommend that you expand the .KML file on the left hand menu, and hit the Tour Play in Google Earth only on the Instructor Station Track (the red track data).  It seems that should solve your issues.

Let me know.

Best regards,
Luis Gordo

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Olaf Vijn <> wrote:
Hi Luis,

I tried again, also changed the digital grouping symbol into a "," first.

But no results, look at this youtube link:   https://youtube.com/watch?v=ODt22Ez0DGg

It looks google earth want to show me all NDB's in the neighborhood.

You have to be patience while looking, it starts acting strange in a while.

Also attached both kml and dat files.

I hope you have another idea.......

Regards,

Olaf

2013/7/20 Luis Gordo <>
Hi Olaf,

By looking at the DAT file, you recorded the information with regional setting on "," instead of ".".  Please proceed to record a flight with your regional setting for DECIMAL place set on "." and then try again.

I believe this should solve your problems.

Best regards,
Luis Gordo

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Olaf Vijn <> wrote:
Hi Luis,

I checked the regional setting and it was on "," and I changed it to "."

And all the checkboxes are checked in the exporting tool. Also navaids.

But when I play the olaf4.kml file, it is still the same strange behavior.

Here you have the olaf4.dat file.

I hope there you can you any problem,

2013/7/17 Luis Gordo <>
Hi Olaf,

Thanks for the videos.  This is certainly some strange behaviour.  I loaded the file "olaf4.kml" onto Google Earth and played it, but it plays just fine.  This tells me that iStation is generating the KML just fine, and that it seems to be your Google Earth settings or something else causing the problem.  In Windows, Control Panel, Regional Settings, do you have the decimal place set as "." ?  Please check and let me know.

Also, could you send me the corresponding .DAT file for olaf4 or any other, so that I can confirm the data is correct.

Also, please check if you are exporting navaids (Export to KML options, blue marble beside the "KML (Google Earth)" button).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Luis Gordo

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Olaf Vijn <> wrote:
Hi Luis,

Here are 3 youtube links which display the problem.

#1 movie: Here I start a live tracking of my flight. As you see, it's not zooming in to my starting position on EHAM. Although you can see little red location-dots on the screen from location which are not correct.

#2 movie: I recorded a flight as attached (olaf4.kml) in my email, and when I play it, it will not tracking the flight but doing all other things like you see in the movie.

#3 movie: This is the live tracking of my flight, when I choose live google earth. I get this problem. World zooms out and it turns a little bit. But no real live tracking of the flight.

I hope I illustrate my problem a little bit to you on this way.

Like to hear what I am doing wrong.

best regards,

Olaf Vijn

2013/7/12 Luis Gordo <>
Dear Olaf,

I have checked the KML files you sent, and they are displaying correctly (no errors).  The file "Olaf3" has a longer flight path, wereas "Olaf2" seems like it has almost no logged data at all.

What are your specific concerns/issues?  Are you loading DAT files from an older version of iStation perhaps?

Let me know.

Best regards,
Luis Gordo

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Olaf Vijn <> wrote:
Hi Luis,

Here are two KML files which I saved.

It's doing also very strange too !

I hope you can solve the problem.

Regards,

Olaf (son)

« Sent to: Olafson    on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:16 PM »

Hi Olafson,

Can you send me the generated KML file so I can test on my machine?

Please send to: luisgordo at gmail.com

Hope to be able to help you as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
Luis Gordo
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate