Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:23:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
122 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 122
Total: 123

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Video - X-plane 10 Sim-A testing Princess Julianna

Started by XOrionFE, December 22, 2013, 04:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Sometimes when testing I like to video so I can go back and look at how things were working.  Or if I step away from the sim while waiting for a test I will record.  This is one such test flight where I was trying to see how the flight director was working without AP engaged and handflying.    What I thought was great about this video is that it was extremly gusty conditions.  In fact, if you watch carefully on the left as I take the active you will notice the windsock straight back and moving around.   On takeoff it was quite the handful keeping the plane on the FD while handflying with the gusting crosswinds at anywhere from 20-30 kts.   This is a sensation I never got in FSX and one of the many reasons I personally like X-plane better...I discuss some of the other ones in this video.   I only posted first 15 minutes of the flight but I flew all the way up to Miami and had a perfect ILS landing on rwy 9.  Sim-Avionics performed perfectly throughout the flight. 

Scott

737 Home Cockpit X-plane Princess Julianna

sagrada737

Very nice video Scott.  You were really having to "muscle" the flight controls with those winds - nice job!  I like how the Wind Sock is moving around - nice effect.  Thanks for sharing your progress and testing.  Looking forward to more videos on your setup.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

phil

So xplane does not need wideview to display on your 5 tv's ?
Phil

Maurice

Come on Scott! Very nice video but you must still miss the much superior daytime FSX scenery, especially with such nice, sharp displays, don't you ?  ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Quote from: Maurice on December 22, 2013, 06:20:05 AM
Come on Scott! Very nice video but you must still miss the much superior daytime FSX scenery, especially with such nice, sharp displays, don't you ?  ;)

Maurice

Yes I certainly do Maurice.  That is why I like to have fsx on there anyway in case I get an itch for some orbx scenery.  Also what I like having a separate virtual cockpit setup like yours for low and slow vfr site seeing in various planes.   That said, X-plane looks just as good as Orbx to me in North America.    And as for cities, I dont care for photosceneries and would rather look at autogen objects.   X-plane is getting better but FSX still wins in this area.   Now if you switch to dawn, dusk, or night...its no contest....X-Plane blows the doors off either FSX or P3D no matter what addon you put on them.   

XOrionFE

Quote from: phil on December 22, 2013, 05:17:07 AM
So xplane does not need wideview to display on your 5 tv's ?
Phil

Hello Phil,

Wideview is for FSX.  X-plane comes out of the box with a built in function similiar to wideview only much simpler to setup. 

Scott

jfuenmayor

Greetings to all.

This is my first video, and it so happens that it is also in St. Marteen, une of my favourite destination ( in real life :) ).

I wanted to give it a try on my old sim. with a new PC running X Plane 10.25 64 bit. No multiple views yet but it shows the fluidity. I have no way of uploading an mpeg file here ( or so it would seem ) so I had to encode a low resolution FLV. Cables from testing some Flight Illusion gauges, they work well on SimAvionics.

file:///home/jf/StMarteen.flv

JF

blueskydriver

Hey JF,

Could you post your video on youtube in the mpeg format and link it here? If so, your video will embed into the web page for pc users (not ipad users though, they'll just see the link itself), and that way we can see the higher res version.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jfuenmayor

XOrionFE

Looks great JF.

Great to see another X-plane project and it looks like you are getting it dialed in!

Best regards,
Scott

jfuenmayor

Very nice setup Scott.

I got to watch your video completely. Do you use monitors?. I do not have full enclosure and I only use
one OVHD projector, I have limited space inside the house ( lucky I was authorized.... hehe). I have thought about moving it to my garage but I fear the humidity in South Florida.

I have just moved from FS2004 to X Plane and I am still learning. I have to go through the documentation regarding the multiple display setup but I don't know if that requires additional licensing fees.

So far I like it better than FS2004 or FSX in many aspects. On FSX, I seem to have always a problem with the brakes. I use PFC ones, plus to me, FSX  feels kind of rigid. I know people like the scenery better but
I can live with that, plus as you comment, it keeps getting better and better.

Anyhow, congrats on your very fine Sim. Keep posting videos.

JF.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate