Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
475 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

For those who use Wideview, a few questions.

Started by ak49er, December 03, 2009, 08:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak49er

I am replacing my TRC 172/Simkits panel with two 17" LCD's. I am using FS9 with Mindstar Aviations G1000 Panel Software.
The G1000 PFD and MFD are "undockable windows."

My first thought is to have the FS9 server run the visuals via a projector, and then with another computer, use Wideview to run another instance of FS9, to display the "module" type software of the G1000.

On this second computer I would have a video card with one signal going to a primary display, and the other going to a secondary display, which is then split into two.
This way I could "undock" and "drag" the PFD and MFD seperatle onto each screen for optimum positioning. the primary display on this configuration could then be a side view or....

Any other ideas?
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Trevor Hale

Well  Ak, that is one heck of an interesting IDEA... Although I would suggest your Main PC be just the G1000, and use the wideview for your forward view.

Just my thought.

Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into that.  Let us know how it works out.  I don't run Wideview... but I am sure Mike or others can chime in here.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

I don't know that that would work on a client machine. The client will display an instrument panel, as I have to eliminate them on all the computers before a flight. This is because the Wideview switch is installed into the cockpit view and must be momentarily visible to switch it 'on', then can be eliminated with the 'W' key.

Anyway, the panels act as though the client aircraft is not moving, running, or doing anything actually. Wideview just drags the outside view along for the ride with the server.

I don't want to say it will not work. Far be it for me to believe anything is impossible in this hobby.

I'd experiment with it, but the way I understand Wideview is that you would have to start up the client aircraft that is using your guage file and have some way to input data to the client to get the instruments to respond.

Like I said, WidevieW just drags the outside view along for the ride with the server in slew mode. I don't think it's capable of anything else.

All I am sure of is that IVAO software will work on a client.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate