Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 10:43:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
54 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Weather Radar

Started by Bob Reed, October 18, 2015, 09:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

So here is something I just can not remember. Is there a way to get weather radar into the PFC in PM?

TomR

Hi Bob,

if you mean on ND, then yes.
- pmGetWeather http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/Smileys/default/angry.gif
- saWxr from Florian Praxmarer (since years already Freeware) still works good.
Best Regards
Thomas Richter

Bob Reed

As I recall, you use them both, correct? PMGetweather gets the sat data and sawxr puts it in the ND? If this is the case where do you get sawxr and how doe you get a license. I actually bought the software years ago.

Joe Lavery

Here ya go Bob!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19028296/AOG-SA_WXR_1_7.zip

I've not used it myself, but I have virus scanned it and this was the instructions to get it working (from another forum)  ::) ::).

sa_wxr.lic must have the same contents like sa_wxr.cfg!!!
Simply open sa_wxr.cfg with a text editor and save as sa_wxr.lic.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Bob Reed

GSalden

Here I use  SA_WRX too, but as a standalone which reads the Fs weather ( produced by ASN ) and then displays it on the ND.

One question : in the manual it is written that one can operate the program via the PM CDU.
Any idea what CDU page to use for that ?

Thanks,
Gerard

Bob Reed

Quote from: GSalden on November 01, 2015, 01:56:29 AM
Here I use  SA_WRX too, but as a standalone which reads the Fs weather ( produced by ASN ) and then displays it on the ND.

One question : in the manual it is written that one can operate the program via the PM CDU.
Any idea what CDU page to use for that ?

Thanks,
Gerard

I am not at home to look. When I get home next week I will look.

GSalden

Thanks Bob,

I also have another issue.

When starting up the Weather Radar rain clouds appear nicely on the ND.
However no further updates on the ND form SA WRX , so after 15 min flying all clouds dissappear at the bottom of the ND.
SA WRX does update itself as I have set it on a display too.

Perhaps I am doing something not right.
Perhaps I am looking at a demo as when clearing all weather on the ND those rain clouds remain while on the SA WRX screen they are gone.
So SA_WRX is following the Fs weather...   

Till next week and good luck.

Bob Reed

Quote from: Joe Lavery on October 19, 2015, 05:00:12 PM
Here ya go Bob!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19028296/AOG-SA_WXR_1_7.zip

I've not used it myself, but I have virus scanned it and this was the instructions to get it working (from another forum)  ::) ::).

sa_wxr.lic must have the same contents like sa_wxr.cfg!!!
Simply open sa_wxr.cfg with a text editor and save as sa_wxr.lic.

Joe.

Hey Joe, are there any docs around for this? Have a little reading time and would like to take a look.

blueskydriver

Hey Bob,

Install it and you will find the PDF in the program files folder; it might be in the zip folder already and you can just pull it from there. Otherwise, PM me an email address or Dropbox location and I'll get it too you...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 02, 2015, 04:47:25 PM
Hey Bob,

Install it and you will find the PDF in the program files folder; it might be in the zip folder already and you can just pull it from there. Otherwise, PM me an email address or Dropbox location and I'll get it too you...

John

Hey John, it is not in the zip file. Only thing in there is the exe. I am trying to get a look at it from here. Could you email it to me? bob@randrdevelopment.com

scojj

Hello Bob,

I'm sending you the manual by mail.

I'm using SaWXR with PM and P3D. Formerly FSX.

I just wonder : are you satisfied with the display as compared to PM getweather ?

I live in Europe and PM getweather doesn't work here from years but when it did, it was far better in my opinion than SaWXR.

Best regards,

JJ SCOHY

Bob Reed

Quote from: scojj on November 05, 2015, 01:15:48 PM
Hello Bob,

I'm sending you the manual by mail.

I'm using SaWXR with PM and P3D. Formerly FSX.

I just wonder : are you satisfied with the display as compared to PM getweather ?

I live in Europe and PM getweather doesn't work here from years but when it did, it was far better in my opinion than SaWXR.

Best regards,

JJ SCOHY

As I recall, you still had to use PMGetweather with SaWXR. I may be remembering this wrong but I now have the docs! (thanks guys!) and will take a look. It has been so long since I did any of this.

GSalden

In 2004-2006 I only had PMGetWeather and it worked great for Europe.
Luckily with the help of Sa_WRX I also now have a weather radar.

I recently tried to contact PM by 2 emails and 2 support tickets about thr WRX radar and their Instructor Station . No repspond up to now.
My tickets are still open...

Therefore I am happy with this forum.. :)

scojj

You're right GSalden, years ago PMGetweather was working fine in Europe.

Then there were no data server available for Europe anymore.
This is not related to PM.
What would be nice is that PM would evolve with PMGetweather and fix anohter source of data for Europe. (or another way to import the data).

I personnally find that the display with SaWXR is less satisfying than with PMGetweather : parse clouds, less weather distance and angle displayed,...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate