Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
145 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

XPlane and Avionics softwares.

Started by jackpilot, July 25, 2017, 06:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Starting a new topic on compatibility with Prosim, PM, Simavionics etc
Go Guys ;)

Jack

Fcoq

Thanks for the idea Jack!
I was really interested to know the compatibility for interfacing an A320 with xplane.......

booky

Still setting up ProSim and XP and looking for help. First repsonse in FB home cockpit builder group was a clever one:
ProSim doesn´t support X-Plane.

Displays are working, MCP and EFIS dials/buttons not. Well, the Course dial works: XP follows ProSim. Don´t quite understand yet where the logic is when there is no PS flight model installed...should be XP acf. , no?

UPDATE:
Doesn´t work. MCP functions don´t work together. Test ended.
Feedback in other forums: doesn´t work.
sad.

XOrionFE

Booky,

Many in these forums and others have already tried many times.   It is a dead subject.  Prosim is not going to support X-Plane and as you have found out after trying in vane and wasting your time it doesnt work.  That "clever" response as you put it in another forum was probably someone just trying to help you from wasting your time.

There is a lot of combined experience here.  Not saying you should trust everything you read or any one person but if you domyour research and use the search functions you will find a wealth of information including the fact above.

XOrionFE

The best chance of a full 737 suite working in X-plane would be using Sim-Avionics, xpuipc, and the x737 with its plug in disabled so it doesnt interfere with Sim-Avionics.   Basically you would just be using the x737 flight model.   There are a number of tweaks that have to be done (last time I tested) in planemaker to the engines but it did work.   Other than that, if you want an NG the second best may be to use the Zibo modded version along with arduino (I would recommend Teensy from PRJC) as they have some flight sim specific libraries.   The main issue with this setup is that there are I believ no undockable DU, ND or EICAS displays.   Also no CDU support with current manufactures (possibly...but I havent heard of any).

In short, if you want to do an NG...save yourself the headaches and do the tried and tested Prepared/FSX with Prosim or Sim-A.    X-plane right now will be an uphill battle.

If however you want to do a 727,737-200, or 737-300 then use the FlyjSim 727 and 732 or use the IXEG 733.   They have all the datarefs one needs to interface with arduino.  You just need to get OEM panels or somehow make them.

Probably much easier on the build it yourself side would be X-Plane using GA type planes or a KingAir like Ray did using panels from Ruscool.   Plenty of options and X-Plane ia a fantastic builders platform.

My experience and a little .02 for what its worth.  If I am incorrect on any of the above and someone has new information feel free to correct me and share.

Scott

booky

Hi Scott,

thanks so much for your reply. It helps me to discuss this complex topic and I´m feeling less alone. Why alone?

Well - I´m on X-Plane/Mac for some 15 years I guess. My first Sim was MS FS4 on a Mac IIci. So I wanted finally build a proper IMMERSIVE cockpit, an Embraer 195. E195 because "everybody" does a 737 ;-) And why not on the Mac - it runs and I have much less issues with drivers, viruses, hick-ups and can just fly ...(build a top PC some weeks ago and form that day on I was only building tiles and installing stuff and stopped flying).

And real / immersive can mean something very different to people: For one pilot it´s 110% exact systems and buttons. For me it´s great visuals and possibly a motion platform. Do I care for passenger noise or romatic P3D clouds or perfect IRS alignment process? Couldn´t care less. And then I flew the "flycravelle.com" the other day - based on XP10. Man, what a great Sim, take a look.

The first board i used with XP was Teensy, then Arduinos. I bought some OC boards. I like Arduino but I´m open for other PnP solutions.
I trashed the Embraer plan because no hardware is available. For 320 and 737 there is.
I don´t do a GA because I´m a pilot since 2015 for small aircrafts so I can fly them in real world myself, so I want a Jet for my Sim.

So 737. And you come to the point where time is more valuable than some Euros. So I wanted to use a real good MCP, and possibly almost "ready to use" panels. Oh, wait - none of that stuff works with X-Plane, despite it´s such a wonderful Sim?!
ProSim? P3D? Installed P3D yesterday. Well. Wasn´t 64 bit until recently? really?

A year ago I started talking to most of the hardware suppliers, asking for XP support, as well as to Laminar.
And they seem to have enough business on ProSim, and say ProSim should support X-Plane. They won´t.

So, X737 & CPFlight might be part of the build, as might be Sim Avionics as XHSI is porbably a notch too low.
Too bad I can then not benefit from the latest developments such as Zibo - agree with you here.
The rest is "easy" - interfacing Overhead with ArdSim and PnP pedestral panels should be straight forward.

Yoke, TQ is ordered. Seats are there. So let´s go for the uphill battle. I flew the Baron this morning in P3D as there seemed to be no stock 737. I was not impressed ???? So now you guys a bit more.

Stephan

kurt-olsson

I will use teensy and go for the zibo 737. The developer is active and the support for dockable cdu nd pfd will probably come in soon future.

Ridgenj

Peter, Zibo might be located in Sweden or surroundings.
He asked me what do we need to eliminate from the virtual cockpit to make it work for cockpitbuilders.
I was traveling and forgot to answer him.
I am busy with P3D4 but you can post what can be eliminated when using hardware. He has also posted data-ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

booky

Luis, Peter, Scott,

I have met some more 737 builders in Germany. It´s a pitty that we are distributed all over the place like Facebook, here, XP.org and that it is very hard to utilize knowlegde and developments efficiently.

Zibo is developing fast and many believe it becomes the best choice. I am not sure Lua scripts are the best way to add systems to an acf, and I wonder when there will be a stable version. Regarding the "undockable" avionics: I hear that people are working on AirManager ND which is much better than undockable windows, I believe you will agree.

I still tend to go with the X737 because I can easily communicate with the developer, and there are some products available for it: CPFlight MCP Pro1 and peripheral, CFY TQ is kind of compatible, an FMC add on exists. Guys like William Martinez and Steve Falken are using it if I´m not wrong.

I also believe that a pure X-Plane can do it without ProSim: I talked to Nils of the flycaravelle.com and Phillip of the pink skyvan. They are convinced that one/I should be using only XP.
By adding ProSim you get countless features, but you create also a lot more issues as well. I just read about the issue of CFY TQ not working with P3D V4. How can that be if ProSim is doing all interfacing? Ah because PS is not P3DV4 ready; that is btw likely the reason why many hardware suppliers can´t work on XP: they seem to work compatibility with V4.

I am currently looking for other builders who use X-Plane and CFY TQ for exchange of best practices. Trimming doesnt work yet on mine. Then you realize: the group or intersection of X-Plane users who use a CFY TQ is very very small. :-(

XOrionFE

This is why I eventually dropped away from the idea of building an NG and decided to go the OEM route I am on right now.    Gives me much more control and I can develop interfacing as I need to with Teensy Arduino interface directly to the X-Plane datarefs.  If I were to build the NG (and I have a lot of FDS NG stuff standing by) I may ultimately decided to use the x737 and some of the others you mention and bypass the use of Prosim.    We'll see.  Right now I am 100 percent focused on an IXEG 737-300 OEM buildout and making excellent progress.     If I am successful I may end up having a lot of NG stuff for sale....lol.

Scott

737NGer

Quote from: XOrionFE on September 14, 2017, 12:12:40 PM
This is why I eventually dropped away from the idea of building an NG and decided to go the OEM route I am on right now.    Gives me much more control and I can develop interfacing as I need to with Teensy Arduino interface directly to the X-Plane datarefs.  If I were to build the NG (and I have a lot of FDS NG stuff standing by) I may ultimately decided to use the x737 and some of the others you mention and bypass the use of Prosim.    We'll see.  Right now I am 100 percent focused on an IXEG 737-300 OEM buildout and making excellent progress.     If I am successful I may end up having a lot of NG stuff for sale....lol.

Scott

Any OEM NG stuff?

bernard S

fun times for all to be had ????

XOrionFE

Quote from: 737NGer on September 15, 2017, 02:56:08 AM
Quote from: XOrionFE on September 14, 2017, 12:12:40 PM

Scott

Any OEM NG stuff?

No, OEM NG stuff is really difficult to come by.  I don't have anything in that regard.  All aftermarket.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: Ridgenj on August 08, 2017, 04:59:32 PM
Peter, Zibo might be located in Sweden or surroundings.
He asked me what do we need to eliminate from the virtual cockpit to make it work for cockpitbuilders.
I was traveling and forgot to answer him.
I am busy with P3D4 but you can post what can be eliminated when using hardware. He has also posted data-ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do i get in contact with him? Would be cool if its a swedish dude. :)

booky

just pink him on X-PLane.org (Thread XP11 / 737 modifyed or PM)?

Pinello

About the avionics(like EADI & EHSI).. to show my ignorance.. Can't this be solved already with standard functionality in X-Plane 11?

Have a secondary slave computer/instance of x-plane that recieves several "fixed" cockpit views from the master, and displays views scaled and paned behind the avionic panels?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhosGYgREQs

Regards

kurt-olsson

X-plane is shaping up!!!
This is the solution i will go for using the zibo 737 untill the air manager stuff becomes available. By the way, there is a dropbox AM demo for the zibo 737 PFD. Havent tried it myself though.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate