Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
465 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 465
Total: 466

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Insurance

Started by 09RKC, December 28, 2017, 07:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

09RKC

Hey all!

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have the FDS B737NG full sim. Between it and the 8 computers I'm using + 5 TVs and assorted other things, I've got a lot of $$$ in this thing. I called my home owner's insurance company hoping they'd give me a rider to cover it all. They said "...we don't cover 'toys'". OUCH! They do write riders for computers though but not sure if they'd do it for anything over $50k.

I'm wondering if any of you've found a way to get your expensive setups insured.

Tkx!
Doug

jackpilot

Usually you send him pictures and invoices if possible and ask to include that in your general house content for an agreed upon amount(like jewellry, furniture etc).
If your insurer refuses just tell him you will shop for a new insurer...should help  :D
Jack

Jack

bernard S

my two cents     homeowners not going to cut it ..

how much yiur time worth ie how many hours you have invested

real replacement costs not what you paid at time of a hull or total loss

t3chonolgy changes etc  .. get a seperate policy and suck up the costs ..

go an agreed value   andvserperate into   visuals   deck and ad hoc  items   

luisgordo

I agree with Bernard.  In addition, home insurance will only cover up to a specific $$$ amount on a single item.  You can split it all up in separate items if you can provide separate invoices and pictures for each.
In any case, you will not get more than the individual components going that way...  Difficult to factor in time spent that way...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All !!!
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

09RKC

Tkx guys. Yeah, I asked for a rider, that's what they refused to do calling the sim a toy. "We don't insure toys". Nice.

I'm not worried about the time unvested, just the hardware. Labor of love. I'll keep you all posted.

Tkx again!
Doug

jackpilot

There is no way an insurance will cover your time and efforts anyway. I f you restore a vintage car , it will be insured for what the market will pay for it, even if you spent X years in the process.
Replacement value as new. Works for cars (even exotics) works for a sim. Just check the cap values.

Jack

bernard S

they did mine   .. the  whole purpose of insurance is to put you in the exact position you were prior to the loss .. .. hence you do labour as a line item .not a very much like a bank loan ask for 100k and its too.much effort.. ask for 5m plus you get their attention..   this is not complex excercise well i suppose it is if you trying to get coverage a badic home policy   ..if tgat case dont even bother they just wont get it

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate