Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
48 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Calibration Pro Eyepoint-setting/Eyepoint position

Started by bravolima, September 07, 2018, 09:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bravolima

Hello,

I recently optimized my Visual with the new Version 3.04 of Calibration Pro from Fly Elise. (390 cm Diameter, 3 BenQ Beamer with overcross Setting). The result is very good so far, the warping seems to be distinctive improved in comparison with my older Version 3.1 and I am very happy with it.
One thing remains:
when coming closer to the runways, I have the impression I am a little bit to high. Even in fully automated approaches this impression remains even though the VASI looks right. Two weeks ago I had a jump on a Airbus 320. Remembering  the visual Impression from that experience - I was concentrated on that -  I will ask you should I  and how to improve my setting.

The data:

Eye Position: 140 cm
Horizon on the projection wall: 140 cm
Hight of the projection: 155 cm
projection above the horizon line 65 cm
projection below the horizon line 90 cm

The projection was done with crosshair-laser and several automap steps. Columns were adjusted with crosshair-lasers too. With crosshair-laser the horizonal lines were only leveled slightly over the three projections.

Shall I vary eypoint-setting? For instance 15-20 cm lower? Does it have optical-geometric effect at all or do I have to accept the result as it is?

Bernhard (LSZH)
PREPAR3D v4.5 FDS MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; FLIGHTILLUSION Brake-pressure, jaw-damper CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP EFIS, OPENCOCKPIT Pedals; FCS: linked Yokes (modified); Weber-Seats on RAIL, ProSim B737 3.0, Aivalsoft EFB Version 2, Navigraph, FSC, BenQ1080 3 Beamer-Visual

navymustang

Are you referring to the eyepoint adjustment within P3D or the Immersive Display Pro eyepoint?

The way I have done it is to adjust the eyepoint so that when sitting in the pilot seat I actually just look straight ahead and shift the eyepoint until the origin aligns with my looking straight ahead. I could possibly give you those numbers this weekend if I bring up the software. I've never done it by entering distances.

What is also key is to ensure you have the correct eyepoint values entered into P3D for the flight model. The two combined should remove the issues you mentioned.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bravolima

in Display Pro respectively in Calibration Pro I made no alterations Eyepoint there, it is 0/0/0. Eyepoint and Eyeposition (view straight ahead) are aligned to the centerline of Calibration pro. In P3D as well no changes were made. Thought this is inside the flightmodel

Bernhard (LSZH)
PREPAR3D v4.5 FDS MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; FLIGHTILLUSION Brake-pressure, jaw-damper CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP EFIS, OPENCOCKPIT Pedals; FCS: linked Yokes (modified); Weber-Seats on RAIL, ProSim B737 3.0, Aivalsoft EFB Version 2, Navigraph, FSC, BenQ1080 3 Beamer-Visual

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate