Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
460 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 460
Total: 460

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PM last builds

Started by jackpilot, June 03, 2010, 08:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Any comments on the latest builds
I had one mishap with LNAV when adding a new arrival, maybe a wrong input from me? too early to comment . Also sound announcement "descent, top of descent," seem to come out unexpectedly at low altitude.

Otherwise super fine.
JP

Jack

Belleye

:'(  Yes!!!  I too have had a total melt down in the sim... I updated all PM builds (A320) and everything pooped.....  Communications lagged and eventually I rolled all back to the previous build..... I lost a who day of time.... All back to normal now but man what a time I gave myself..... From here on in I update 1 aspect at a time.... LAGG time between PMS and ICAS computer was the most notice!!!  I'm learning how to shoot myself in the foot real well....  USB drop outs and all heck broke loose on the network... I rolled all computers back (restore) 2 days and now all is well......   I can't get over the feeling of utter  panic!

FLY737

@ Jack: PM just develops the cockpit environment as real as it gets:
http://avherald.com/h?article=42bfd942&opt=0  :P

@ belleye:
I updated to the latest releases (B737) too and had major problems:
+ firebell rangs all the time
+ barometer indication in the FO PFD oszillating between STD and local pressure
+ MCP and EFIS backlight flashing on and off

So i decided to freeze my "working setup" now, no further updates from now on ... NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM ... at least I hope I can withstand ...
René Billiani
FLY737
http://www.fly737.com

727737Nut

I get this as well, Also sound announcement "descent, top of descent," seem to come out unexpectedly at low altitude.

Also, no no descent with VNAV at TOD intermittently.   
737 Junkie

Belleye

Fellas, you are all way ahead of me and I really have not even got that far  (Top of decent) (not sure how to calculate yet) as I am a Biginner but man I sure know when everything takes a poop.....  I am now back in the jet working..... (Sim that is) and I am trying to make the Terrain Map turn on and off with the offsets but I can not find the PM offset that will let me use the nice button supplied by FDS on my Auto break panel... Would someone offer me a offset to use? I tried using the GPWS offset using bit 10 but no luck... My A300/320 is my love of life and she improves daily but man I will never update all 8 computers at once again....  Not sure what went wrong and I don't wish to bash PM as it might be something I did on my end but WoW!!!  I wanted to cry!  ( now I fight to get the nice terrain map to go on and off with a button on my dash without using my MCDU). I'm a old builder but a biginner with offsets and bits... I use FDS io cards and am learning... I value you all as to I read everything you fellows post and without a group like this fellows like me would never have a chance...  Kudos  to you all. Once I learn how to post a pic I will share my creation with the group....  Remember now I'm a biginner but have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ wrapped up in a REAL A300 shell....  Thanks to FDS and PM I can semi live the dream... and to all those who have gone out of their way to help me I surly will "pass it on to the next biginner" to keep this way of life alive and expanding....   

Belleye

Come to think of it....  I have not captured the glideslope and had the aircraft successfully descend in APPR mode either.... I get a induced stall and have to execute manual maneuvers to save the approach.....   Hummmmmmmmmmmm  Is this what you mean?   I will continue to investigate... I might have to roll back the cpu for the FMC also.... This is a lesson for me in humility!!!!!!   Never,never, never "go it alone".....  I need the group.....  :)

MLeavy737

Just curious.. has any one tried any of the other avionics software out there? Not sure of the names but i know there are a few.

I have also been fully invested in PM since near the beginning and i find it hard to believe that after what must be 13 years or so i still read posts like this on forums! Im not saying i could write software any better but geeze..

I would like to know about some other software and i would have not problem switching over to something that worked..

Funny thing is i have not even messed with PM software since i started flying the real one.. Cant wait to see how accurate the software is lol (sarcastic).. I mean were still having problems capturing a LOC course??? really??

sorry for the rant.. just bugs me to still hear this stuff.. Maybe i will finish up my c++ courses and start writing my own!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

727737Nut

I hear you Mike!!  I bought PM back in 2000 and have always had something going on not right.  On a side note, question for you Mike,
What  RPM do you hold on approach to maintain a constant decent, 56-60% N2?  I know it is ever changing do to weight and weather but a general ball park figure.  I wish i had more than a PPL!  I want a ATP! :)  Keep dreaming :))
737 Junkie

MLeavy737

Quote from: 727737Nut on June 04, 2010, 08:45:16 AM
I hear you Mike!!  I bought PM back in 2000 and have always had something going on not right.  On a side note, question for you Mike,
What  RPM do you hold on approach to maintain a constant decent, 56-60% N2?  I know it is ever changing do to weight and weather but a general ball park figure.  I wish i had more than a PPL!  I want a ATP! :)  Keep dreaming :))

Well.. A few things here.. Basically the only time i look at N2 is for starting to make sure its above 20% before giving it fuel and its a steady rise from 0%. All power settings in the 737 are in reference to %N1 (thats percent, not RPM)  And the quick answer to your question on approach is whatever the autothrottles command :) lol.

No, your right about depending on weight, not sure that weather has anything to do with it other than if you had bumped up your target ref speed for wind and gusts. (We all know the half the wind all of the gust additive up to 15-20 kts depending on the model 737 right? :) ) But yeah thats a close number for a final configuration Flaps 30 landing.. i think maybe a little more like 60-65%N1. For flaps 40 landing add a few percent to it. 

Speaking about approach..A quick tip.. not sure if ya'll know this but it helps and works perfect.. When being vectored for approach. ATC usually slows you to 210kts. That the min clean configuration and that 210 keeps everyone happy. As you start to near the final intercept course, unless ATC wants something else, Start slowing to 180ks Flaps 5. Here is the trick and i didnt know this until i started flying em.. If you notice, Flaps 5 and Flaps 10 on NG's have the same min speed.. i,e, the bug does not move. At 180kts FL5 as you start to intercept the glideslope, go to FL 10. You will notice that you keep the same power setting and speed while descending down the glideslope.. Its smoooothh and nice for PAX and makes you look good :) As for the rest of the approach just be fully configured and established  by 1000' (Thats gear down, Flaps 30 or 40, established on course, one dot on glideslope, and engines spooled min 40%) If not the airplane is gonna tell on you and send a report to HQ!!

As for the ATP license.. Just keep flying my friend! I think it great you have a PPL and a sim where you can practice all these cool techniques that will get you to that ATP! Good luck and let me know if i can help with anything.

Mike Leavy

Belleye

I found the offsets for the terrain to turn it off and on (set values not Bits)... It's all part of the learning process and yes it feels good when you figure it out yourself. :) all is moving forward... 

MLeavy737

Quote from: 727737Nut on June 04, 2010, 05:19:35 AM
I get this as well, Also sound announcement "descent, top of descent," seem to come out unexpectedly at low altitude.

Also, no no descent with VNAV at TOD intermittently.   

Just curious.. Do you have a valid altitude to descend to in the LEGS page. i.e. an actually crossing restriction? Also when its not descending out of altitude.. stupid question but are you setting your MCP selected altitude to a lower value, something other than your current altitude? And are you getting a CHECK MCP ALTITUDE warning on the FMC? The airplane will not descend in VNAV with an MCP selected altitude at your current altitude.

I hope to get this sim/software running asap so i can test it out and send a bunch of wishfull thinking and squawks to PM. Also looking forward to perfecting the flight model now that i knw what its supposed to do.

Mike Leay

jackpilot

Just as a note, there are quite a few intermediate builds on the download section, which means new builds are coming probably with corrections to the above mentionned.
JP

Jack

727737Nut

I downloaded the intermediate builds, LNAV is 6-10miles right of magenta track line!  VNAV ocillates up and down by 500ft.  Altitude hold works perfect.  Man i hope prosim737 stuff turns out better.  I know their overhead stuff is allot better!
737 Junkie

MLeavy737

Quote from: 727737Nut on June 07, 2010, 12:33:55 PM
I downloaded the intermediate builds, LNAV is 6-10miles right of magenta track line!  VNAV ocillates up and down by 500ft.  Altitude hold works perfect.  Man i hope prosim737 stuff turns out better.  I know their overhead stuff is allot better!

LOL! 6-10 miles and 500'  That should be close enough right?

Mike Leavy

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate