Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
136 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Froogle Weighs in on X-Plane 10

Started by XOrionFE, December 12, 2013, 03:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Interesting and good video from Froogle of Frooglesim reviews on X-Plane 10.   For me, after buying and trying out P3D v2 i have moved back to X-Plane.    (Never really moved off but was giving P3D v2 a try).    Anyway, thought I would share this if you havent seen it.

Scott

http://youtu.be/7-sovv8WeZE

rhysb

Yes I saw that Scott, was very interesting.

I have just installed the new HDmesh v2 as well and its excellent.

Have you or anyone else tried the New Skymaxx clouds yet?

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

I know James has and said it stutters a little on weather updates but they are working on a fix for that.   I may try it out this weekend across all 5 PCs.

Scott

jfuenmayor

Hi guys.

I have been comparing X Plane 10 and FSX. Safe for the airports, I think X Plane
is superior in many aspects. I am still working on it and I prefer it to FSX. Push back on X Plane continues to be a problem for me.

I have the South Florida Scenery ( Butnaru Miami, and believe me (I live and used to fly here) it is pretty accurate.

There is one thing about X Plane 10 ( I have updated it to the latest version ),
that I have noticed, and I have found no comments on the web about it:
Outside 25 to 30 nautical miles from either the departure ore destination airports, the scenery turns progressively totally dark, real IFR :). I have no idea why.
The contiguous scenery is installed. Am I missing something?.

jf

XOrionFE

Not sure what you mean, could you post a video or some pictures?   I know I used a florida scenery (Realscenery I think) that was pretty good.  If you are at altitude in x-plane with atmospheric scattering turned on it will start bluring out the scenery about a 20-25 mile radius out to give the effect of real world and also there is built into x-plane the use of fog which automatically will form in order to keep your framerates up if your computer does not have enough horsepower.   What is you computer spec?   That may be what is happening to you.   You could turn some of your rendering options down to see if that is it.  X-Plane is a beast and when you turn on all the settigns up you can really put your hardware to the test.  The good news though unlike FSX, it will use whatever you can throw at it, cpu, memory, and video.  Of course the memory requires you run in 64 bit mode and not 32.

Hope that helps.   Post a video, it would be nice to see another XP setup now that NAt went back to the dark side...:-(

Best regards,
Scott

jfuenmayor

Hi Scott

Well, my computer is quite powerful, it is an i7 3.5 GHtz with 32 Gigs on board.
An MSI Nvidia 680 with 4 gigs on board, I have used the default settings. I use Sim-Avionics, FDS OVHD and Main panel, a Simparts TQ , soon to be replaced by a Rvolution one, and a Cockpitsonic pedestal and fire handle. 

The effect is as if you are flying on a bright day and then it turns into a dark night rather quickly, sort of a "fade to black" effect, as you leave the departure airport. When you approach your destination, voila, daytime is back again in the same manner.

It is a fresh install. Not much running on it safe for FSX and X Plane 10, plus a sound module from Sim-Avionics and the radios software.
I'll play with the weather but it handles clouds pretty well provided you stay close to the airport.

Could this be a windows 7 thing?, I don't know, but it does not happen with FSX in the same machine. Ill get a video and post it.

Maurice

Must be a new feature of XPlane....automatically dim the lights on a long flight so that you can take a good nap in between take off and landing. What will Austin Meter think of next?  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

rhysb

Haha brilliant!!!  :) it's actually hypoxia!

You need to turn off the "dim under hypoxia" option in rendering settings!! The screen gradually going black is you (the pilot) blacking out under hypoxia as you are at altitude. The air conditioning in the x737 is controlled by the plugin that we remove.

Actually a very realistic feature in xplane!  :)

Rhys b

One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on December 14, 2013, 06:37:47 AM

You need to turn off the "dim under hypoxia" option in rendering settings!! The screen gradually going black is you (the pilot) blacking out under hypoxia as you are at altitude. The air conditioning in the x737 is controlled by the plugin that we remove.

Rhys b

Strange!. The same thing is happening to me right now as I am currently installing XPlane and it is taking so long, it's getting way past my nap time  :)

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: Maurice on December 14, 2013, 10:01:15 AM

Strange!. The same thing is happening to me right now as I am currently installing XPlane and it is taking so long, it's getting way past my nap time  :)

Maurice

And one more thing...while installing the 4th DVD, my DVD drive kicked the bucket and I had to buy a new DVD drive. Now reading the 5th DVD, so keeping my fingers crossed.  ::)

Maurice

XOrionFE

Rhys b

Wow, I never even thought of that Rhys because I have never left it checked.   That is cool...no I have to try it.  :-)

Scott

jfuenmayor

Hi guys:

After much tinkering yesterday I finally discovered the problem. It was not X Plane or Windows 7, it was the projector ( "a new projector " ). It turns out that this particular and rather inexpensive one, ( my Optoma died and to get a  lamp was almost as expensive as a new projector, well... close hehe), so I got this Vivitek at my local Best Buy store. It has an autotune feature and a setting mode for game. I turned the autotune off and set the input to VGA, the mode to game and that did it.  And that dim feature is quite cool if you use a fighter jet and pull those G's.

By the way Scott, now that you mention the AC and the plugin, could that be the reason my AC light in the Sixpack does not extinguish?, I think it shouldn't since Sim-Avionics is sort of independent. I have observed also that when turning the engines, the Spar Valve and Engine Valve do not extinguish as well during the cycle. I use Sim-Avionics offsets in the TekWorks software. I have checked the switches with the OVHD utility and they seem to work properly, and one least issue, the landing lights, anti-collision do not work also . I am using the latest beta version of SA.

JF

jfuenmayor

Hello .

Just an update.  Again,it turns out that the the Guru, Scott, was right. After a crash of X Plane following an installation of pushback plugin, it defaulted to the original settings, and you were right, I was getting hypoxic and passed out  :) , all the settings on the projector were for fun only. I guess one learns the hard way here. On thing is that if one tries to address several issues simultaneously you mix the variables and you may get into false assumptions. Research 101 anyone?.

JF

dc8flightdeck

In the sim world trouble shooting simultaneous problems seem to be the rule, not the exception.  :huh:

Im glad you figured yours out.

Justin

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate