Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
530 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

A little moan and reminder!

Started by rhysb, January 13, 2014, 01:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhysb

Guys,

Been quiet on here lately as been away for the seasonal holiday period so it has taken me a while to read through all the updates and new topics.

I must say I wish I hadn't!! I'm just going to say a few things and I don't really want any replies and happy for the Trev, jack or anyone else to remove this post if they feel it's the right thing.

THIS IS A COCKBUILDING FORUM!! I want to come here and have a good read about what's going on with peoples projects, give helpful advise on building or take on advise which will help me build.

I enjoy watching Scott's videos as like me he shares a passion for xplane but most of all he shares his wonderful project giving us something to aim for and videos to enjoy! Moaning is going to upset him and not really make anyone want to share or enjoy this forum.

I like seeing mikes FDS build taking shape, I love that Jack has great fun still running FS9, I like that FDS sim avionics, simvionics and lots of other suppliers happily come into the forum and give their time up to help us all

I like hearing about new software, archens new switches, Maurice making fun, etc etc etc.

I have been a member here right from the start and I want to continue to enjoy this forum, So can we please stop useless moaning about prices of second hand goods etc, I don't care about VAT or the economy,  I'm not targeting anyone at all here guys so please don't take offence but most of all can we get back to the reason we all come here: cockpit building :) clue is in the name guys

One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

blueskydriver

Hi Rhys,

Glad to see you're back. Is it me or did the holiday period seem to take forever? As I mentioned in my post "Does anyone fly anymore?", I am still sitting in my cockpit! I know, it seems crazy, but I got in here at 9:30am CST and I'm still going. Flying back to KMSP from KMEM at this very moment; I'm trying to make up for that long holid-azzzeee!

Again, glad to see you're back.

John  :idiot:

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

markfire

Garys

Rhys - I agree with you to a point. Forgeting about the taxes debacle. As an example, If someone is directly targeting our aircraft types with real parts from an incomplete panel for 60-70% of the cost of a full complete panel, it is up to us to point out if the prices are fair or not and give examples as to why they may not be. If the seller wants to set a premium its up to them but I for one get pissed when fellow builder friends come here to sell used (real) aircraft parts at a premium. Im not suggesting anyone should give parts away for next to nothing, but then again if you want to sell at higher than what we can buy directly from a salvage yard for then advertise somewhere else. That is not what we are here for.

And while Im getting that off my chest I have something else to add for people selling items on here... Paypal fees - Pay your own bloody Paypal fees!    Incorporate them into the lowest price that you will accept when negotiating.

Ahh.. Much better  :) Now back to the building.

Gary

jackpilot

Hi Ryhs

I second that also. One good thing on this forum is that we  concentrate on the fun and challenges of cockpit building. The fact that this hobby is fairly costly is accepted and understood, and next to no one refers to it. Which is not the case on most other forums .
My half cent  :D
Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate