Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:45:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
508 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

A New Flight Sim

Started by Joe Lavery, February 11, 2016, 08:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

Just a little snippet of information for anyone interested.

As I'm sure most of you know Dovetail Games bought the rights to FSX back in 2014, and have made one or two small improvements to the code since then. But they have also been working on two new flight simulators, the first to be released this year called Flight School, and from current information is going to be something like Microsoft's Flight. Which I know will be of little interest to us die hard simmers. But later this year (they say), will follow a full blown 64 bit simulator which will incorporate all the elements we've been waiting for.  8)

Let's hope it's not another disappointment and has enough content to make it suitable for us cockpit builders. We can but hope!!!!!!!!   :idiot:

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

As an "insider" we hope you will keep us posted on anything happening on that front!
:D

Jack

727737Nut

Quote from: jackpilot on February 11, 2016, 11:58:17 AM
As an "insider" we hope you will keep us posted on anything happening on that front!

Don't know why that comment  made me laugh, maybe because you still use FS9?  :o :huh: ;D

As for the '64bit' comment, we already have a 64bit sim that is in constant evolution/improvement.
aka X-Plane 10.45

Rob
737 Junkie

Joe Lavery

Of course Jack, and I realise that we will all be a little sceptical yet eager to see what Dovetail can come up with.

I'm not forgetting X-Plane Rob, I already have it and P3D 3 on my system, I think both have a lot to offer our community. But none of the current products make use of the immense power our current graphic cards are capable of; and IMHO that's a major problem.
You only have to look at some of the current games to see what can be produced, while none of them cover such vast areas, or create a real flight environment, nobody has yet tried to do that. It's just a pity that Microsoft abandoned a market that they had almost a monopoly with.

There is some more information on the PC Pilot website for anyone interested enough to read: http://www.pcpilot.net/
(It's the lead article, just click on the "more" link below the Flight School banner.)

One final note, Dovetail have stated that their simulators will not be backward compatible with any of the current add-ons designed for other simulators... That said I'm sure the likes of Orbx and Aerosoft will soon find a way to port over some of their products, assuming of course that Dovetail make their simulations open architecture.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Rob
Just curious that's all
...and I'll stick with FS9 as long as nothing beats it for what I do with it.....fly from A to B without having to deal with hang ups, compatibility issues, frame rates and the like.
This being said I ordered XPlane to test it.

Jack

727737Nut

Quote from: jackpilot on February 11, 2016, 03:58:49 PM
Rob
Just curious that's all
...and I'll stick with FS9 as long as nothing beats it for what I do with it.....fly from A to B without having to deal with hang ups, compatibility issues, frame rates and the like.
This being said I ordered XPlane to test it.

Jack,
Take it from someone who hated x-plane, give it time, lots of time to learn how to manipulate it. After about 3-6mo of using I can't see using any other sim.  Download the plethora of free add-ons and enjoy.  ANy questions feel free to ask a former hater.  LOL
Rob
737 Junkie

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate