Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
122 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Software add on (RAAS)

Started by Bob Reed, February 16, 2017, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Hey folks. I have been watching a few videos of other builders who do not come here, or at least that I know of. Some of them are running a software that announces the runway as they approach it on taxi. Anyone know that name of one?

jackpilot

Jack

Bob Reed

Hmmmm, does that work with P3D? I am looking now.

Ed

Hi Bob,

That's RAAS Professional. Runway Awareness and Advisary System software . I've been using it in FSX-SE for several years now. I couldnt be  without it now. I'm not sure about P3D, but my guess is that it does work with that platform. It's worth every penny IMHO. If it works with P3D  GO Get It :)

Ed

PS: In the real life 737's it's develped by Honeywell Industries.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

jackpilot

The link I gave you is Payware at about 6 USD
Minimal risk !
FS2 Crew same soft is about 30
Your pick !  :D

Jack

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

KyleH

ForeFlight does this too now. Also calls out 500' on descent.
Kinda freaky when it does it in the sim as it is really loud so that you'd hear it in an aircraft. That said, with the engine noise and the headsets, I've yet to hear it in the real plane.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

Will give RAAS a try this weekend. At $6.00, not much risk. If it does not work I will look into FS2Crew, it just looked like that did a lot more then I wanted.

navymustang

Here is a vote for using RAAS. I have it running on P3D and Prosim and enjoy the experience.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

dougsnow

My airline has the RAAS system installed in all aircraft - its saved several crews from blasting off runways that they werent cleared for. 

Here is a YT video with it - we just have the runway callouts (I think), we have the same voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBSPpLE6EDY

In the preflight, when the crew tests the system, it responds with "runway awareness ok feet"

mickc

I wonder if Harrison Ford should invest in one of these ....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bob Reed

Quote from: navymustang on February 17, 2017, 04:54:09 PM
Here is a vote for using RAAS. I have it running on P3D and Prosim and enjoy the experience.

Can you tell me how you installed it in P3D? In stalled it but it does not work.

navymustang

I just re-installed again to make sure I knew what I did. I just followed the instructions for P3D v3 and it installed perfectly.
I assume that you looked in the addon menu item to see if RAAS was there. If it is, you may need to load a profile (e.g., 737NG) and turn on the master switch. Then perform an audio test to ensure it works.

If it is not loading, I would simply make sure that it is uninstalled correctly, perhaps even looking at the registry.

Then try again - it does work perfectly on my sim.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate