Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:53:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
462 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 462
Total: 462

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

King Air panels

Started by when acting as a wave, April 29, 2010, 07:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

when acting as a wave

Over the past couple of years we've manufactured various components and mechanical/electronic systems for a simulator that was based on a Raytheon Super King Air 200. The simulator itself was completed a while ago and has actually just been sold to Vincent Aviation (http://www.vincentaviation.co.nz/) as a training module.

As a result of working on this project however, we are now able to offer a full range of King Air panels (http://www.ruscool.co.nz/prod_list.html#kingair). These can either be supplied as unpopulated, fully-machined panels which are painted and engraved, or we can supply them with all of the associated hardware (everything that's shown in the website photographs). Because these components (switches, encoders etc.) are not physically mounted onto our panels but instead sit behind them as in a real aircraft, we supply all of these parts in plastic bags so that you can install them yourself. The panels have rear-recesses around each hole, which provide the necessary clearance for the fixing of nuts etc.

You'll notice that some of the panels have standard dummy gauges fitted to them, although we do make and supply fully-operational ones if these are required. In fact, the gauges shown in our photographs were all operational.

Following are a few examples of some of the panels we have available and their prices (the freight charges vary with each panel's physical size). All of the dimensions are available on our website.

F/O's Panel (right side)

Unpopulated price = US$31-50
Panel with all parts shown in photograph = US$139-00

Captain's Panel (left side)

Unpopulated price = US$65-00
Panel with all parts shown in photograph = US$132-00

Captain's Panel (right side)

Unpopulated price = US$66-00
Panel with all parts shown in photograph = US$372-00
(Note: This second price includes the gear lever which is designed to operate in the same manner as the real aircraft. It must be pulled out a short distance before it can be moved to the other position. The knob on the landing gear lever is made from clear acrylic and this will allow you to fit a red LED inside. The gear lever has a hole up the middle to allow for wires)

Fuel Panel

Unpopulated price = US$40-50
Panel with all parts shown in photograph = US$110-00

Upper Overhead Panel

Unpopulated price = US$105-00
Panel with all parts shown in photograph = US$180-00

If you have any questions, please ask.

Dean.

Customers are responsible for any and all import taxes and/or international import customs duties that may be due upon arrival in your country. We are not able to determine the amount of these VAT fees, import taxes, or cross-border customs brokerage fees, and they are in no way, shape or form any part of our own shipping costs. For more precise information on expected import duties, please consult your government's local customs agency or similar authority.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

Trevor Hale

Dean, this stuff is amazing..  Congrats..  If I was building a King Air, I know where I would be shopping..  Thanks for posting this.  On another note, it is great to see you..  You have been away for a bit, welcome back.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

shaneb

Hi Dean,

Those look great . . prior to starting the Lear 45 build I had considered building a King Air but at the time it was really difficult if not impossible to find any King Air related parts.   Once I get the Lear closer to completion I may need to revisit the thought of building A KA.
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Paul T

Just great. This is just what those of us King Air cockpitbuilders have dreamt of for a loooong, long time. And the panels look just awesome. :)

phil744

Hey Dean,

Thats great news your doing King air panels, i have had loads of requests for those but i cant build everything, they look spot on also, at least now i can answer those requests now and tell them where they can get them :)

Nice work bud :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

when acting as a wave

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses - they were nice to see first thing on a Saturday morning!

Yes, unfortunately I've been a bit quiet about here lately but I've still been visiting everyday and reading absolutely everything (keeping those orange bullets on the Active Thread list under control so I don't miss anything!). Work has been busy and we've been developing a few new products (yet to be released), and the knowledge I'm gaining from working on these will hopefully allow me to more actively engage in some of the discussions around here ... I'm still two decades (but gaining!) behind my father's experience in this hobby and the electronic side of things.

With regards these panels, thanks again for all the compliments. And Phil, I've seen the quality of your work, so any comment of yours that sounds even remotely like an 'endorsement' we'll gladly accept!

Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

jackpilot

Missed that post...whoooo very impressive panels for a very nice bird.
Congrats.
Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate