Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 08:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
567 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 557
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Abrupt exit from FS... need help please!

Started by matta757, December 08, 2010, 03:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hi John,

My nVIDIA 460 is brand spanking new, just installed a few days ago. The drivers are all up to date. Also, this problem presented itself WELL before the new video card. The new video card was in response to another one of my crashing issues (see my topic on FS9 crashing).

Thanks,
Matt

astron

Hey Matt, i just recently had some issues similar to yours, where i simply just couldnt open various programs,what started for me was that everything was perfectly fine one day,then when i went to start my verizon internet connection,the screen would pop up like its ready to go,but when i clicked it i would get an error message same as yours,also my o&o defrag wouldnt start,and a couple other various programs like my orbx ftx program, so none of these are related in any way, so like yourself after tearing my hair out for a couple of days,trying a ton a different things,to no avail, i finaly said the hell with it and grabbed my original operating disk for the computer,which i use xp proffessional,and i ran the disk not as a full installation,but as an upgrade,basically to put back whatever files were corrupted or missing,voila everything works again, some how and i believe due to a virus something had got corrupted or was taken out of the system,that needed to be there, i have found that when problems go to this extenet,that usually something is missing somewhere one small file that needs to be there to make everything else jive. and it may not be anything to do with your various flight sim software,i have had several of these kinds of problems through the years,and 90% of them were due to a missing file that needed to be there, its only obvious that if you have reinstalled the same program over and over and it still doesnt work,its probably not that program at all,so i think its one of 2 things,either your download that you get for your pss 757 is missing a file, or something in your windows os is missing a file,just for the heck of it you might try a upgrade with your os disk to see if that puts back anything that is missing, also when done make sure to download all of the latest windows updates,anyway worth a try,it worked for me

take care for now,Tom

astron

Hey Matt one other thing i didnt mention was that before i upgraded/repaired the os, i ran the newest version of malware bytes which is a great free program,and will find just about everything you can think of, well it did there were 3 trojan viruses in there,i removed them,but after that things still didnt work,which lead me to believe that it had made some changes somewhere in the system,either registry files or it took a file out,who knows,but you might try running it first before you doing the os upgrade if you decide to go that way.

heres a story for you: i had bought a piece of flight sim software i cant even remember what it was ( the age thing i think) anyway put it on my flight sim computer and parts of the program wouldnt work,im like it says it will work in xp so what the heck, well i started digging through the internet and finaly came up on some thread with a guy that had the exact same problem,well ofcourse every one is giving their input to a solution,but one guy in there said that you need this one particular DLL file,so i looked in this computer through my dll files and could not find it anywhere, so anyway i have 3 computers out in my shop which are a couple of years older then the one i have now, with xp on them, i started looking through the dll files for that particular file and guess what there it was, i copied and put it in my newer computer for my flight sim, and voila the entire program works perfect,apparently this newer version of xp didnt have some older files in it,and maybe this program was made a few years ago and needed that file to work, so anyway goes to show you sometimes the biggest problems can be due to one small file.

Tom

NeoMorph

This has probably been fixed already but if not there is something that may be a problem... what about the dotnet framework that runs along some addons. I was having a crash and auto restart with Win7 64bit and there was this part of dotnetframework called uiautomationcore.dll that was causing problems when it switched screens.

Sometimes it's not something in front of you that is at fault but something off to the side... ;) Those pesky runtime files get corrupted and no matter how many times you reinstall FS9.1 it won't make a bit of difference.

Just an idea to look into...
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

matta757

Quote from: NeoMorph on January 08, 2011, 05:32:07 AM
This has probably been fixed already but if not there is something that may be a problem... what about the dotnet framework that runs along some addons. I was having a crash and auto restart with Win7 64bit and there was this part of dotnetframework called uiautomationcore.dll that was causing problems when it switched screens.

Sometimes it's not something in front of you that is at fault but something off to the side... ;) Those pesky runtime files get corrupted and no matter how many times you reinstall FS9.1 it won't make a bit of difference.

Just an idea to look into...

Now that is something I had not thought of. I am running XP, do you think I should just uninstall and reinstall all the dotnet framework files?

Matt

NeoMorph

See if there is a more up to date version and install over the top first... if that fails, strip them out and reinstall.

Remember also if you have VB6 utils it will be another runtime... same with VC6... Then there is dotnet 1, 2 and 3 heh... Does my head in.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate